• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE replacement leaf spring bushings

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to find bushings that fit my 15yr old RE1462 springs. They seem to be a odd size, IIRC Re made a change a couple yrs later. The best I can measure(with them in the car) is 1-9/16"(39.68mm) for the rears. I will call RE tomorrow to see what info they can provide.

But mine are not 1.5" !!!

Last edited:
I spoke with RE this morning, they were not much help! They said those springs were made by a Canadian company called "Chamberlain Spring" which has since been bought out/merged with another company! They suggested contacting them!
I was hoping some of the old timers would remember, I know there was some posts re: that subject!

Between then and now the company went out of business, and then the brand was purchased by 4 wheel parts. I'd be shocked if any of the old timers were even part of the new company.

The question I would ask, why not replace those ancient springs with something newer? New RE springs are dirt cheap compared to what they used to cost, and for not a lot more you can get some Deavers.

I was referring to the old timers HERE! I love my springs, never sagged more than a 1/2" in 15yrs so why not put some bushings in for 30$!

because... you cant actually find bushings... for $30.
or rather, the internet cant find them for you.

RE's suggestion was about as good of a recommendation you are going to get from any retailer. who knows, maybe you can find bushings from another application that fit. if not, new RE springs are cheap.

Again, they have to be the 40mm bushings, the next sizes are 1.5" and 1.625" from every bushing manufacturer I've found out there! If I have to replace the springs I will, but I've already dropped 10k into it this year so the pocket books getting low!
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1143361

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've already been on that page, were you referring to something in particular?

That's the best resource for leaf bushings I have found. If none of those dimensions work you may be SOL.

Last night I ordered (2) RB-121 2" bushings and (2) RB-192 40mm bushings for 50$. I'll take my chances although I will add I was taking measurements with my calipers. Although I couldn't get my calipers "on" the bushing, I was doing a "Go/No-go" with all the different known sizes so I am 98% confident! As for a alternate plan, Whiteline (out of Australia) makes poly bushing in "factions" of a MM so I already have options there! My shackles are poly and I've ordered a new set of bushings for them too.

I received all my bushings today and I'm even more confident in the size. I'll get them installed this weekend and take some pics showing the springs and bushings!

Well the 40mm bushings worked great and the LF 2" bushing had walked about a 1/2" ! I was thinking my rear gears I installed 15yrs ago were crap, but it's so silent now, it's definitely like driving a brand new vehicle!
P1080527_zpsxpcstjdx.jpg

P1080528_zpsccmkixxs.jpg

Back