• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! I've got the T-case apart and I'm stumped.

Barger

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled the T-case apart to find out why I had endplay in the front output shaft. This started shortly after a SYE install. Could I have missed something? I'm sure the front yoke nut is tight.
I can see where the shaft is contacting the back of the case.
About the only thing I can figure is worn would be the bearings as there is not much else to the front shaft
How hard are they to replace as I don't have the "Special tools" reffered to in the FSM?
Would just replacing the rear bearing solve the problem or does the front bearing play a big part in the endplay as well?

:confused:
Brian

The front bearing sets the end-play!

Thanks for the reply. I figured that out finally. I'm gonna have to get new bearings. In the mean time I've pulled the front drive shaft out.

How hard are the bearings to replace? Could I do it with the case in the vehicle or will I need to pull it out again?

BTW I spoke with both JB conversions and Advance adapters. They were both awesome and patient with a rookie in the T-case. I recommend both companies.
Thanks
Brian

The front bearing is held in by a c-clip behind the seal,just drive out the bearing.The rear needle bearing requires a collet bearing puller.

Back