• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charcoal Canister ?

2WDNICK

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can get one for a 95 ? I have been looking with

no success, The places online that show having them, dont.

Is there a way to open it up and renew the material inside? LOL :laugh3:

I didn't realize it when I bought it, but the ports on mine have been plugged by the previous owner since I owned it. I don't have a problem with that, but noticed it when I was taking the AC system off to throw it out. The larger rubber rubber hose was dry rotted, and fell off. I just put a new piece of hose on it. It had just passed inspection, but since it is a pre-1996 it is emissions exempt in Pennsylvania. No harm no foul.

I am in California (strict emissions) and barely passed smog so I am looking to replace the canister (and every vacumn line) just before I have to smog it next time.

Sorry didn't realize you were from there. My brother lives in The People's Republic of Jersey. He has a 1994 XJ Country, and even though they don't have a safety inspection. They still sniff the exhaust on all vehicles, no matter the year. I would rather see the safety inspection, than the smog test. A lot of shaky looking cars over there.

Back