• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3in lift plus lift shackles and 1.75" coil spacers

XJ Eric

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm picking up a used rough country 3 inch lift that comes with the coils and add a leafs. now I've also grabbed up a pair of 1.75 coil spacers. I'm wanting to get some blocks or shackles for the rear. Also have a tranfer case lowering kit. (one inch)

So with almost 5 inches of combined lift what kind of problems am I going to be running into? What other parts do I need? I'm pretty sure I need extended shocks and maybe longer brake lines up front. what about drop pitman arms new trackbar? What do I need if I only do the 3 inch lift or just the budget boost. any suggstions?

I'm lifting a 98 Sport 4x4 auto with 4.0.

i ran pretty much that exact set up

i also ran the lower control arms from RC for their 4.5in lifts
i ran shackles in the back no blocks
i had a 1in drop on the TC
along with the sye hack-tap sye

worked great, flexed good
the on road ride wasnt the best but u get over it

good luck

cas

DBenz said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I din't believe XJ's have pitman arms form the factory....

Maybe I'm getting the part names screwed up here. The piece I'm worried about is the arm that connects to the steering box. Whatever that is called. I can never get the pitman and draglink and the steering components straight in my head. I just know how they work.

hehe

What do you call the little dohicky that conects the steering box to the drag link?

newpitman.jpg

(Not mine)

That be called a pitman arm. So if they didnt come factory, I think we all would have some Jeeps being recalled.

With a 5 inch lift, you just need longer or relocated brake lines (front AND rear) and longer shocks. You could also buy a longer pitman arm, but a new custom tie rod is a better way. Not necessary.

Starboard M said:
What do you call the little dohicky that conects the steering box to the drag link?

newpitman.jpg

(Not mine)

That be called a pitman arm. So if they didnt come factory, I think we all would have some Jeeps being recalled.

Thanks for the picture, read somewhere that XJ's didn't have them, guess you can't trust everything you read, and since I didn't replace mine with my lift, didn't notice it.

mwm said:
they have pitman arms, enough elaboration?
Not talking to you, but thanks...

Back