NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old July 21st, 2017, 12:42
NAXJA Forum User

Re: What happened to the Mishimoto radiator thread?

Hey guys,

Glad to see some interest in the rad! Hopefully we can get setup with Cal and show you all it's worth the price tag. If anybody is interested in buying the rad, it is in discounted pre-sale right now. We're looking to start shipping in September but the benefit to being patient is about 30% off MSRP.

Either way, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

-Steve
Old July 21st, 2017, 12:55
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hey guys,

We've been trying to contact sponsorship and haven't received a response, so as Anak pointed out the thread was pulled due to us not being a supporting vendor. This post will probably also be deleted - but I would encourage anybody interested to check out our engineering blog for more info.

Thanks!

-Steve
If you are activley trying to become a sponsor and the hold up is on 's end I would like to think this thread would not get deleted
Old July 21st, 2017, 13:54
NAXJA Member #1145

Quote:
Hey guys,

Glad to see some interest in the rad! Hopefully we can get setup with Cal and show you all it's worth the price tag. If anybody is interested in buying the rad, it is in discounted pre-sale right now. We're looking to start shipping in September but the benefit to being patient is about 30% off MSRP.

Either way, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

-Steve
So it will end up being in the neighborhood of $500?

In that price range, I think I'd just go with the Be-Cool. I know it can cool a V8 in an XJ (which I still haven't managed to talk myself out of).
-90 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231J: Clayton's longarms, RE 5.5" coils, hybrid 6" leaf pack, 33/12.50/15" MTs, Rancho 99012s and 99624s, Tera HD SYE, custom sliders, BW flares. Next: finish front, build rear bumpers, Dana 44's front and rear.
-94 ZJ: Budget boost, 31's. The wife's mall crawler. She's gotten inchitis over my S10 though...
-97 XJ: Son's DD. Mild mods for the new driver.
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:09
NAXJA Forum User

This new radiator looks interesting. What is the overall thickness? And how wide are the tubes?
Old July 24th, 2017, 15:22
NAXJA Forum User

Well, I ordered one. I'll post back when I get it but it's not due out until September.

Jason
Old July 24th, 2017, 15:52
PostMaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
ETA: Be patient with sponsorship. All of leadership is currently focused on a major change for , expanding our world to include the other unibody Jeeps too. As a volunteer led organization there is no one who can give this place full time attention. Everything about has to fit in after taking care of the bills.
You do realize how wrong this is? If there are issues managing things now how will things get better when things expand?
Old July 24th, 2017, 16:09
Salton of Stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejtar View Post
You do realize how wrong this is? If there are issues managing things now how will things get better when things expand?
I hate to agree with Remi, but...
Old July 24th, 2017, 16:12
PostMaster General

thanks! That's been my message all along Fix now before go big....
Old July 25th, 2017, 12:38
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntkat View Post
So it will end up being in the neighborhood of $500?

In that price range, I think I'd just go with the Be-Cool. I know it can cool a V8 in an XJ (which I still haven't managed to talk myself out of).
Once it releases, it will go up to the $530 MSRP. However, our distributors can usually get customers a much lower price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAZ View Post
This new radiator looks interesting. What is the overall thickness? And how wide are the tubes?
The overall core thickness of this radiator is 50mm with the tubes measuring 22mm in width.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

-Steve
Old July 25th, 2017, 14:03
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Cool.

I want one.

ETA: Be patient with sponsorship. All of leadership is currently focused on a major change for , expanding our world to include the other unibody Jeeps too. As a volunteer led organization there is no one who can give this place full time attention. Everything about has to fit in after taking care of the bills.
Sorry, but if there aren't enough people now to handle the site in a timely fashion, then it's only gonna get worse when things expand (which I don't agree with, but oh well).

Last edited by TRCM; July 25th, 2017 at 14:27.
Old July 25th, 2017, 21:34
NAXJA Member #1310

Quote:
The overall core thickness of this radiator is 50mm with the tubes measuring 22mm in width.
Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!
Is there an industry accepted method of testing radiators and how they compare to each other?
The problem with all replacement radiators is that we don't have any real information as to how many BTUs any particular radiator is capable of removing.
Everthing is subjective, without any objective information.

I would spend $500 on a radiator that can be shown to be significantly better than Mopar's HD XJ radiator, PN# Mopar HD XJ radiator 52080104AC, the best of what I have tried.

Got data?
2001 Sport, 4 " lift, 33 X 10.50 KM2, DB, R.E.-UCA, JKS-LCA, ACOS, SYE, 4.56-8.25 TruTrac-D-30-E-Locker both with alloy shafts, Hidden M8000 winch, Vanco/Sport-Trac front and ZJ rear disc brakes, Frame stiffeners, Lots of armor, Towing baseplate. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/c...7603770130683/
1997 Country, Mostly stock, 2" lift, Engine mods, Towing baseplate
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:23
Salton of Stuck

Mishimoto,
Looking at your Amazon reviews, there seem to be quite a few complaints about quality issues. Has there been a change to your design/production to remedy these issues?
https://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMR...ustomerReviews
Old July 26th, 2017, 14:53
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyxj View Post
Is there an industry accepted method of testing radiators and how they compare to each other?
The problem with all replacement radiators is that we don't have any real information as to how many BTUs any particular radiator is capable of removing.
Everthing is subjective, without any objective information....
I agree. I've thought this for a long time. The only thing I've ever seen is the HP rating on aftermarket radiators.

For what it's worth, on the product page Mishimoto does show several comparison charts to oem such as fluid volume, fin area and tube volume.

Last edited by jabinco; July 26th, 2017 at 14:56.
Old July 26th, 2017, 19:06
NAXJA Member

530$ is just nuts. I would expect a quality 2 row all aluminum to be around 250$-300. Ebay cheapo are like 170$.

1998 4.6 stroker , aw4 XJ on 60/14b , 5.38s, grizzly/detroit, cage, 40s, psc big bore box , assist, 3 link,transgo aw4 reprogram
Old July 26th, 2017, 20:53
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondejoncherokee View Post
530$ is just nuts. I would expect a quality 2 row all aluminum to be around 250$-300. Ebay cheapo are like 170$.
Mopar's HD XJ radiator 52080104AC is usually 250 to 300 and it has plastic tanks.
Funny thing with radiators, you usually get what you pay for and 500 for an all aluminum radiator with a lifetime warranty really isn't that atrocious if its designed well and does what its supposed to do.