NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA's Technical Forums > Modified Tech Discussion
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 10th, 2017, 13:59
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Looking for a winch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
hitch mounts rated for 5000 lb? not enough for me. I have an ATV winch on a tray for my dad's F150 to drag trees around (not lift them), way under spec for holding my XJ on a mountain
The ones I've been looking at are rated for 9-12K, that sounds like one meant for a smaller capacity winch, which I've seen all over in my search.
Old August 10th, 2017, 14:01
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
hitch mounts rated for 5000 lb? not enough for me. I have an ATV winch on a tray for my dad's F150 to drag trees around (not lift them), way under spec for holding my XJ on a mountain
Drawtites are 9000
Old August 10th, 2017, 19:06
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volumeknob View Post
I'm actually seriously considering their steering brace without the winch mount you're speaking of. Seems like the best solution on the market, just pricey. I could probably fabricate one but after time and materials, it's probably worth just buying so it's right.
I bought the Boostworks sector shaft support kit and it's super nice. I just need to cut, drill, tap some 5/8" plate for full sector overkill.
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:01
NAXJA Member

Quote:
I'm actually seriously considering their steering brace without the winch mount you're speaking of. Seems like the best solution on the market, just pricey. I could probably fabricate one but after time and materials, it's probably worth just buying so it's right.
You should look at the ironman4x4fab one if you haven't already. Does more than just brace the sector shaft.
231 w/ beefy stuff
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox506 View Post
You should look at the ironman4x4fab one if you haven't already. Does more than just brace the sector shaft.
I have looked at that one actually. What more does it do, I must be missing it? Are you referring to the straps going around the gear body itself?
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:10
NAXJA Forum User

I don't make a habit of bashing online but 4WD.com is a JOKE! Long story short they've lost my business from here on out. You've been warned lol
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:11
NAXJA Member

Quote:
I have looked at that one actually. What more does it do, I must be missing it? Are you referring to the straps going around the gear body itself?
Yes I am. When you brace the sector shaft, play has to go somewhere so it goes to the box, then the box moves against lovely aged unibody. There will be a noticeable difference with out the clamp, but its not all gone. The clamp fixes that issue.

Mind you, you need make sure the box spacer isn't broken, thats sort of important lol.
231 w/ beefy stuff
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:17
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
I don't make a habit of bashing online but 4WD.com is a JOKE! Long story short they've lost my business from here on out. You've been warned lol
What did we learn about supporting sponsors?
Just about any of our vendors can get you the same deal
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:36
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox506 View Post
Yes I am. When you brace the sector shaft, play has to go somewhere so it goes to the box, then the box moves against lovely aged unibody. There will be a noticeable difference with out the clamp, but its not all gone. The clamp fixes that issue.

Mind you, you need make sure the box spacer isn't broken, thats sort of important lol.
Good info to know, thanks for the breakdown. I'll check there's out. Seems like it would be easier to make something like that...
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:39
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green XJ Jeep View Post
What did we learn about supporting sponsors?
Just about any of our vendors can get you the same deal
I'd support any vendor that can get me a Warn M8000 for $500. Who is it that you have in mind? I'll place the order today with them and cancel my order with 4WD. I'm weird and like supporting those on these forums and local guys. I bought a recovery rope from a guy 2 miles from my house, same as a Bubba rope. I'd rather put money in my neighbors pocket all day.
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:16
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
I'd support any vendor that can get me a Warn M8000 for $500. Who is it that you have in mind? I'll place the order today with them and cancel my order with 4WD. I'm weird and like supporting those on these forums and local guys. I bought a recovery rope from a guy 2 miles from my house, same as a Bubba rope. I'd rather put money in my neighbors pocket all day.
Quadratec price matches and am pretty sure Daves does also. Some of the other vendors more than likely will also.

I agree 100% on keeping your money local when you can.
Old August 11th, 2017, 10:39
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Quadratec price matches and am pretty sure Daves does also. Some of the other vendors more than likely will also.

Well the deal I got wasn't a everyday price, they were having 10% off Warn and then 10% off site wide over the weekend, so I'm not sure how that would happen. If you have a member here I can PM then I'll do the leg work but I've been on the phone all morning, so I'm a little tuckered out.
Old August 11th, 2017, 19:39
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
Well the deal I got wasn't a everyday price, they were having 10% off Warn and then 10% off site wide over the weekend, so I'm not sure how that would happen. If you have a member here I can PM then I'll do the leg work but I've been on the phone all morning, so I'm a little tuckered out.
With the sitewide 10% thing they may not match but here is a post from
Quadratec http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=47373

"The majority of our Web Department own XJ's. They really push for any new XJ parts in the catalog and on the web.

We do price shop our competition now, and if a price is less elsewhere we do price match.

Also: We offer a forum discount to members! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-2 business days (or less) on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: RobW@quadratec.com Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick"

Then there is DavesOffroadSupply http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=68839
Not sure if he price matches but doesn't hurt to ask.
Old August 12th, 2017, 07:23
NAXJA Member

Quote:

Aren't quadratech and 4WD one in the same? They pissed me off so bad I've never bought anything from them ever again.
Old August 12th, 2017, 07:53
NAXJA Member 4950

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippled View Post
Aren't quadratech and 4WD one in the same? They pissed me off so bad I've never bought anything from them ever again.
Nope 4wd and 4wheelparts are the same