• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size wheel?

xjkid99

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I did some searches not finding the results I was looking for. So heres my question. I will be adding more lift to my jeep soon and installing larger tires as well. My curent plan is to go up to a 35" tire. Is there any reason I should increase my rim diameter to a 16", 17", 18". Other than the fact that there would be less sidewall flex on surface streets. Any input appreciated.

Keep the 15"ers.

for wheeling you want side wall flex, so if you do a lot of wheeling Id keep the 15's or go to a 16 max. If you spend little time wheeling in rocks or sand then 17's are where Id stop since there are so many nice looking 17's and tire manufacturers are making a wide variety of good tires in the larger varieties. Just my .02

I'd say that you accomplish 2 things with larger diameter wheels, 1)you make you're vehicle a better on road driver/worse offroad driver except in high speed fireroad type driving and 2)you spend too much money. Check the prices for 15" tires and wheels and compare them to even 16" versions and overall the 15" are much cheaper and it only gets worse with 17",18" etc. The 15" will as was allready said flex much better.

Back