• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel tank J-bolts anyone?

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Need a set of fuel tank j-bolts if anyone has a clean set and able to ship to me asap, 97 XJ if they differ.

Dealer is out of their flippin mind..

Damn...yeah I just checked team cherokee and the only thing I found was the straps and bolts together for $89. I swear they were less than $20 when I got them for my '88 a few years ago.

Damn...yeah I just checked team cherokee and the only thing I found was the straps and bolts together for $89. I swear they were less than $20 when I got them for my '88 a few years ago.

Team Cherokee's application dates don't jive with what I pulled off. I'd wait a week or two and get the wrong parts probably. This 97 may be early production and has the earlier style.. went through my parts box and the ones from my 94 XJ must have found a new owner.

Ken sold me a pair brand new for $5. I think he has more?

Ken's NOS Jeep parts.. he's hooked me up a few times. A++

I just used cable turnbuckles from loews one side has a hook. Held my tank in tight for years now. And only cost me 10-15$

Your smarter than I am.. hopefully i'll get the correct parts in am.

I made mine real quick with my welder. Just used some threaded rod and flat tabs to lock into the slot. They've been working great for a year

damn! Wish I had seen this in time or someone had bugged me. I just found what was left of my stash a few weeks ago, I have 4 more. I was selling them to people for $3 each (what I paid including shipping) since I picked up a dozen just to avoid paying $12 in shipping for $4 in bolts.

If I can find another place to buy them (funjeepsparts closed their doors) for that cheap I might pick up another bulk buy. Here's the cheapest place I can find them right now if you can still cancel your order, no idea if it's a reputable company or not: http://www.jeepersden.com/s-j3240023-bolt-gas-tank/

Ken, already picked them up and installed. Thanks..

The $65 price didn't include nuts.. the parts guy asked if their supposed to. For $65 they flippin better.. so he scrounged me up a set.

Damn, you got screwed there. That's just plain ridiculous.

I've always just used 3/8-16 UNC stainless nylocks and a few washers.

I just buy the threaded rod and bend it with a little heat, haven't had an issue yet doing this, think it cost me 3/4 in rod and 4 nuts.

Back