• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i find fuel tank bolts?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
i looked for the stock hanger bolts for the fuel tank straps. i cant find them any where. everyone carrys the straps but not the hanger bolts. mine snapped when i took them off. the ones i saw at the jy didnt look to healty either. i just want to try to find some new ones.

I've had this happen to me before. What I did to fix it on the cheap was to weld threaded rod to the hook end of the bolts. Works great, cheap, and no failures to date.

I just go to the local hardware store and buy carriage bolts. Grind the head down a little bit, hit it with a torch and bend the end of it. Good to go.

i also just bent the heads of some longer bolts so they hooked in. works fine! i don't have a torch so i just took them to a muffler shop and they bent them for me.

I went to Lowes or Home Depot and used a long J bolt like the stock bolt before. I have had no problems so far a year later. Knock on wood.

Back