• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement trans lines

BenDiesel

NAXJA Forum User
so i was tracing trans leaks and noticed it was broken and has had rubber pieces patching it togeather and decided i need new trans line. can you say sticker shock? teamcherokee wants 188 for the 2 and orallys wants 65 for the for them but they are doorman

any other places to look ? havent checked the dealer yet

Which part of the line(s) is broken.

Except for about 2 ft. of metal line on my XJ (the first part of the line from the tranny) ALL of my tranny line is rubber. Been like that for a couple years. No "quick connect fittings, no leaks. No sticker shock. Less than $20 for all of it including clamps, and super easy to do/work with.

Pinched mine wheeling and sprung a leak, cut a section out of the metal line and put a piece of rubber fuel line in its place with clamps and bent the lines up out of the way. No problems, did it last summer. Rubber works!

Dorman's great IMO, I have their lines on both my XJ and my MJ with zero complaints. I picked up 1x 624-300, 1x 624-301, 1x 624-334, and 2x 800-714 (the tranny fittings, which were rusted into useless blobs on mine) for each vehicle for about $70 on RockAuto. My only complaint is the damn quick disconnects, which after 13 years of road grit and corrosion are neither quick nor disconnects. Ended up cutting the one for the lower transmission fitting off and just using fuel injection hose clamps.

The ones on my XJ were leaking badly and rusted so badly I broke them in half removing them, the ones on my MJ had been cut and patched in at least four places using vinyl aquarium tubing (wtf?!?!?!) by the previous owner - I got the vehicle cheaper than I probably would have otherwise because he thought it had an oil leak, turned out the tranny line had a pinhole leak that was squirting up onto the side of the engine and dripping down, fixed it in his driveway and drove it home. It was time to replace them.

Back