• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offset rear axles info

ChristmasXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i got a good pair of 44s off a waggy the guy was using for trail riding and i really just want to run the rear 44 with the offset since it alredy rebuilt just needs new gears for my tires and lockers im set. got the setup for 75 bucks and i got the front leaf springs. anyone see problems with running a rear offset 44? it offset like 4 inchs to the passenger side. is it gonna be harder to get chromo axles and stuff.

or should i just run a 8.8? the 44 alredy has disk conversion

That much of a compound angle is really going to work the U-joints even if you get the angles right.

ChristmasXJ said:
i really just want to run the rear 44 with the offset since it alredy rebuilt just needs new gears for my tires and lockers im set.

im having trouble with this part....

its rebuilt, but needs new gears and a locker...

what is the good part of it? new wheel bearings? new brake shoes?

running an offset rear without an ofset t-case is cause for problems...

people with YJ's with 8.8's with a whoping 2-3/4" offset - complain about u-joint vibration... id imagine with 4" offset that would be a much bigger problem...

My Ford 9 is offset something like 2-5/8" and i have no issues with it...

sell that rear 44 to someone building a zuki samurai.

Back