• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 renix vacuum leak question.

SilverbackXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I would search for this but it wont let me do it on my phone and I have no wifi. Please help.

So I cleaned the IAC, gonna do the TB Tonight. But when I brake the jeep almost dies, down to about 300 rpms or so. Im sure ill have to get a TPS soon just not enough funding. I also here a hissing noise as i press them down.

Any Idea where/how I can start checking for vacuum leaks?

Last edited:
Clamp off the vacuum line from the intake to the brake booster. If it no longer drops in rpm's you have a leaky brake booster. Your brakes won't work, but don't worry about that, just do it long enough to watch the rpm's.

Clamp off the vacuum line from the intake to the brake booster. If it no longer drops in rpm's you have a leaky brake booster. Your brakes won't work, but don't worry about that, just do it long enough to watch the rpm's.

This^^, and your EGR may be hanging open. Only way to check that is to remove it.

Before you do that, go to www.cruiser54.com and complete Tips 1,3,4, and 5.
The common ground for your sensors is probably bad.

Confirmed thankya, sir!

Back