• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pressure switch that closes once a minimum pressure is reached??

I am looking for a switch to add to my custom ARB compressor system, in which the switch would close completeing the circuit once the pressure has reached the lockers operating presure allowing me to activate it then, sort of a fail safe and somthing to do just for the fun of it. Anyone come accross anything like that?

Again this is a switch that closes and stays closed once the minimum pressure is reached, it does not open unless the pressure drops below the minimum, so it is NOT the kind of switch that cycles air compressors on or off

Either that, or just look for a Hobbs switch. They're typically used as "fail-safes" to cut ignition or fuel delivery if engine oil pressure drops below a preset level, but I'm sure there are "air" versions as well.

Then, you can use the switch to drive an indicator light.

Or, you can just plumb in a gage, and put a "minimum redline" on the gage face. This would have the additional advantage of letting you know when the compressor isn't working up to scratch, and give you some early indication of that little factoid... I hate idiot lights.

5-90

ok youve got me wondering what we have at the shop that does that same thing you asking about. We use some air over hydrolic systems on our cranes and they will not function or allow you to activate the system till a certain pressure is reached (not sure how much it requires though) We also have a alarm system that has a tone that lets you know there isnt enough pressure in the air system Im wondering if that will wok for your application, Ill tear some spares apart in the next few days and see what I find. I love rain days

Back