• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper and lower Adjustable control arms

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Who make decent ones for decent price ??

89xj said:
im happy with my RE adj lca.
I've only been able to find them, RE, as part of an entire lift kit not as individual items....

??? RE's site lists the seperately, and any RE dealer can get them for you (usually cheaper than buying direct), and most that have online stores list the arms by themselves too...

Last edited:
Guess I'm going to have to do some shopping, those puppies are pricey. Looking for 16 of them, 8 uppers and 8 lowers for the TJ's....though one, daughters, is only getting a 2" budget boost for the 31's and those new wheels the other, sons, is getting 4" springs and 3 of his stock uppers are bent from the rollover. I'm considering them for mine too as my front end is getting a bit noisy after 260,000mi so I gotta figure the bushings in my 98XJ are a bit worn and I plan on using this for work even after I get my unlimited.

RichP said:
Guess I'm going to have to do some shopping, those puppies are pricey. Looking for 16 of them, 8 uppers and 8 lowers for the TJ's....though one, daughters, is only getting a 2" budget boost for the 31's and those new wheels the other, sons, is getting 4" springs and 3 of his stock uppers are bent from the rollover. I'm considering them for mine too as my front end is getting a bit noisy after 260,000mi so I gotta figure the bushings in my 98XJ are a bit worn and I plan on using this for work even after I get my unlimited.

No reason for new arms with just a budget boost on your girl's TJ.

With 4" springs, your son's TJ will probably need an SYE as well.

I was about to buy the adjustable uppers and lowers from RE to fix my pinion angle problem. I couldn't see spending 450 bucks to end up with the same stuff I have now, but adjustable. After a lot of deliberating, I added another 400 bucks and picked up a clayton longarm set up last night. I see you're talking TJ,(expensive) but for an XJ, I think it's a good way to go if you can swing the price. Full adjustability, smoother ride, good flex, and the kit will accept lots of lift as you go higher. Not trying to start a LA-SA debate, Just my 2 cents here.

i love the RE arms that i ahve - though some other companies that sell adjustable arms are:
Rusty's
Skyjacker
N-th Degree mobility
Rubicon Express
Teraflex
Rough Country

I have RE #3780 adj on my trail rig, and plan for those on my DD as well... also have Currie LCA for the DD. (these appear similar to the RE #3700 but with the flex-joint at both ends vs 1 rubber end on the RE)

JKS are sweet items too, just a little out of my price range for an old beater XJ.

Check with Richard (FullsizeXJ) he's a member and a sponsor of the club. Really Good Prices.

XJ_ranger said:
i love the RE arms that i ahve - though some other companies that sell adjustable arms are:
Rusty's <----Rusty's? Don't even.
Skyjacker
N-th Degree mobility
Rubicon Express
Teraflex
Rough Country

For the daughter its a grad present, she's going to florida for her spring break and I want to get it done while the TJ is in for the repairs from her splitting a saturn in half that turned in front of her last month. For the son it's to get him back on the road so he can work and continue going to school. Tie that in with the wifes oldsmobile's AUTO TRANNY took a dump last week and we're down to 2 running vehicles till the rebuilt jasper gets here tomorrow, my XJ and caiti's TJ, real PIA running him around, work and school. He's running up quite a bill. I'd love to build them but don't have a clue where to get the materials or even what materials I would need. Luckily a fellow club member here has all 8 that he took off his TJ when he put one of those 6" $2000+ long arm kits in so I'll be getting all 8 for $50 and some gas to drive an hour.
This was an eyeopener though, that stuff is expensive and you guys are really good at spending my money :laugh3: but I asked for it :gag:

I HATE auto trannys....

RichP said:
For the daughter its a grad present...........This was an eyeopener though, that stuff is expensive and you guys are really good at spending my money :laugh3: but I asked for it :gag:....

Well thats acceptable............ :laugh3:

And it's funny how that works, there is a certain member on here that spends alot of my money................... :wierd:

Back