• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 XJ meets wall at 35 mph

Yep... pretty much.

Well my mom cut an F250 in half in a 65mph crash. A 45mph straight hit is asking a lot of a car, usually if you are going 70 on the highway you will have scrubbed off significant speed before actual impact.

Her crash was probably not even at 65 either considering the truck slid sideways for a few hundred feet prior to impact, she passed out with the cruise control on.

No alcohol was involved either, we still aren't sure what happend.

Now, Kurt, Chris has conclusively proven that those tests show false results. If you put a stronger bumper on your XJ it will easily survive a 70 mph crash. ;)

This has very lil to do with Chris really. I was just pointing out what would happen to an XJ, you and the other person/vehicle?

You know the trauma involved to your body and even more important the other person by hitting them at 70 mph. All that force was transferred some where right?

I this is going to sound bad but...

When there is brain matter and other things like that all over the inside of the car... I am sure they just total it out.

Back