• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Winter" is almost here.....projects

balloo93

NAXJA Forum User
Well as it gets cooler (here in TX anyway) I find myself gearing up for projects that will take awhile and hopefully not lead to heat stroke.

This will be a mild winter as far as projects go for me. What does everyone else have planned?

I actually have the same project in mind. I busted something when installing my trans cooler and am pretty sure it's the condensor. I need to find a shop near me that still does the R12 systems and have them check it.

Then the fun starts with replacing everything that needs replaced for next summer.

Just normal wear and tear stuff. I've got to replace my steering gear. I also need to replace my rear brake pads. They're starting to squeal a bit. Nothing "fun".

balloo93 said:
I actually have the same project in mind. I busted something when installing my trans cooler and am pretty sure it's the condensor. I need to find a shop near me that still does the R12 systems and have them check it.

Then the fun starts with replacing everything that needs replaced for next summer.

City Automovtive up in Round Rock. I just had mine done there. They can even refill your r-12.

I can work in the heat, being garageless I slow down with the cold weather. Can't stand working out in the cold.

BIgDaddyChia said:
City Automovtive up in Round Rock. I just had mine done there. They can even refill your r-12.

If not for the fact that I am about as far south in Austin as you canget....that make for a hell of a drive :laugh:

There was a small shop over here somewhere, I just have to track them down.

How much was the R12 refill/charge? I was just going to go with the R134, but If it won't kill my wallet I would go R12 again.

balloo93 said:
If not for the fact that I am about as far south in Austin as you canget....that make for a hell of a drive :laugh:

There was a small shop over here somewhere, I just have to track them down.

How much was the R12 refill/charge? I was just going to go with the R134, but If it won't kill my wallet I would go R12 again.

Well seeing that u would have to convert ur system to R134 I woudl just go for the 12. It cost me 74 dollars fro 12 but i was complelty empty.

I'm going to try and do very little this winter. My last winter project took 2 years when a simple rod and main bearing project turned into a 4.6 stroker, 4.5 lift, ect.

Meh, it doesn't get all that cold around here. That and the fact my mustang is gone an dthe garage is freed up..... I plan on taking advantage of having one. I might pick up a space heater as well.

Dead of winter is no good for projects here, unless you have a heated garage. Concrete here sweats pretty bad. I swore off doing my own gears again after the 3rd time crawling under the jeep on wet concrete in 50 degree weather. Yes I had a towel, no it didn't help much.

im doing my a/c and hopefully making it stop leaking oil (leak reads sprays)

If I can scrape up ye old funds.....REGEAR & Locker for the front D30 & 8.8 in the rear to replce tha turdy fiver.

i forgot that i need to replace my exhaust too

Bought a nice, low miles, well maintained 89 Cherokee for my 17 YO daughter's first set of wheels recently. It had a rough idle, and ran a little rough, but smothed out at higher rpms. Turns out it has low compression on #4 and #5, so I will be pulling the head, replacing the head gasket and checking the head, and possibly getting or doing a valve job on the head. It will be the first 4.0 head I have pulled. Just wish I had time to do it now, while we are having nice weather, but I have way too much good paying work to do it right now.

Then there's the 87 4x4 wagoneer waiting on it's new A/C expansion valve and some custom wiring and a new heater core to do on my 85 diesel Cherokee.

Oh, and two of them need paint jobs real soon.:scared:

pics? no not the jeep!

Back