• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE1660 H.D. Track Bar Shortening / Tube Size

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking that I will end up shortening my track bar for my D44 install, and thought of sleeving it internally to do so. Does anyone know the specification of the tube used in the Rubicon Express H.D. track bar. I was hopeing to know the spec before I cut it so that I can get steel before hand.

The other option I thought was to cut the bushing off, then shorten and re-radius the end to weld the bushing back on.

Opinions?

Greg

you can cut through the weld on the upper end and remove the insert, it has one weld somewhere around the tube about 1/2" down from the insert that you also have to grind out and then it will slip out and then you can cut some of the tube off and reinstall the bung and reweld

Fullsizexj said:
you can cut through the weld on the upper end and remove the insert, it has one weld somewhere around the tube about 1/2" down from the insert that you also have to grind out and then it will slip out and then you can cut some of the tube off and reinstall the bung and reweld
I hadn't even thought of that one, thanks.

Greg

Back