• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Made it home alive

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
No thanks to the hundreds of idiots that don't realize what 45,000 lbs. feels like gettin' crammed up their collective a$$es at 80 mph :D

Will have the very few pics up later.

Thanks to Mike, Chris, Mark, Andy, and anyone else who I've forgotten for making the event top notch. Can't wait to come back.

Sean

Glad to hear it.
Unfortunately I didn't get to wheel with y'all.....something about you guys having to build an ark or something... I really cant blame ya for leavin though. I ended up with Matt (the only other person up for some wheeling) and found a nice spot in Tamaqua.

Maybe next time.

John

Last edited:
Sean:

Happy you both got home OK, glad you enjoyed the trip - we always like having you out here.

Let's hope all the rest of the travelers to VA, MD, DE, CT, KY, PA, NY, NJ, and ALABAMA also got home in one piece.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

It was good to wheel with you again Sean, thanks for lending a hand, and letting me use your canopy to rebuild my brakes. I almost forgot that I had a D44 in "reserves" for just such an emergency (like a bent backplate, broken axleshafft, etc...), but I just found a 97 ZJ D44 rear disc donor today that I think I am going to swap on. The additional stopping power would be nice, and I don't have to worry about that happening again. As a matter of fact, I may put small needle valves in the brakeline so I may close each wheel off separately if I need to.
Next time we run Pebbles from the beginning!!

Glad you and your dad made it home OK.

Catch up with you again in a few months.

Andy

Gary, Tim and I, made it back to Virginia. It was windy and sunny when we returned. I had a great time, this was my first official run with the club. I think I knocked off, all of my weights off the tires. the JEEP bounced all the way back. Add to stop three times to go to bathroom. it was nice to meet a lot of new people. can't wait to do it again. and thanks to all the people that made this event possible.
Bob

Back