• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2015 Elections

blenny

RRC President
As taking right from our by-laws.......

ELECTED RED RIVER CHAPTER OFFICERS AND ADOPTION OF BYLAWS
OFFICERS

* Each office shall be held for a term of 2 years. Appointments, delegates and committee positions may be held by any member, whether an officer or not.
* Each BOD member will have a copy of the current insurance policy.
* A minimum of 1 year membership is required before election to an office can be made.
* The President shall preside over all membership meetings, be present at all events when possible, be the executive officer and have the duty to carry out the policies and decisions of the chapter and co-sign checks as necessary.
* The Treasurer shall have the care and custody of all Club funds.
* Any withdrawals of funds from the chapter treasury shall be verbally approved by at least 2 members of the chapter Board Of Directors. The Treasurer may be directed by the remaining directors as to the method, and facility of depositing such funds. He shall collect and disburse all money on account of the Club. He shall keep records and accounting of the financial affairs and report their status as directed by the Board of Directors. He shall have the authority to sign such contracts, documents or instruments in writing as may be required by law to carry out his duties, and shall have such other powers and duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board of Directors or that may be incident to his office. On or before the 7th day of each month, he/she shall present an itemized list of moneys both spent and received in the previous month.
* There will be three Officers: President, Vice President, & Treasurer/Recorder. The decision making authority rank flows in order as listed above, with the President possessing the highest level. This authority rank is only applicable in decision-making circumstances where a Board of Directors vote is not feasible, such as during an event.
* Chapter Board of Directors: The three elected Officers will automatically be on the Board of Directors. Each Director has one (1) vote. The Regional Representative from RRC shall be the President of the RRC, and will serve on the National Board of Directors during their elected term of office.
* Chairman of the Board: The elected President automatically becomes the Chairman of the Board, and will preside over all Red River Chapter Board of Directors activities.
Grievance Committee: The Board of Directors will comprise the Grievance Committee. Their responsibility is to determine the validity of any grievance voiced by any Member. This committee will decide on the proper course of action for resolving any grievance. A simple majority vote shall rule in Grievance Committee votes.

Elections
Nomination for Officers shall take place every two years on November 15. Elections shall be held on November 23rd of the same year. The newly elected Officers shall assume their responsibilities following the elections results.
The Vice President will automatically become the President in the event the President is recalled or voluntarily resigns for the remainder of the term. The Vice President shall assume the seat on the BOD vacated by the departing Chapter President. Elections for a replacement Vice President shall then be held. If any other Officer or Board Member is recalled or resigns, that position shall be considered for immediate elections.
Term of elected office is two (2) years. Elected Officers are not limited to the number of terms they may run or hold for any office.
The Board of Directors may recall an Officer, Director, or Committee Chairperson with a unanimous. The accused Officer or Director shall abstain from the vote as applicable. Chapter Members may proceed with a recall Motion only via sponsorship of a Director on the Board in the form of a Complaint. The Motion of Complaint must receive a Second of the Motion. Chapter Members must first process any complaint through the Grievance Committee or the Motion shall automatically be dismissed without vote. A Recall Motion requires two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Chapter Board of Directors to pass. Quorum is 100% for recall Motions. Failure to establish 100% Quorum at the time of the vote shall result in dismissal of the Motion without vote.

The only thing that we changed and are allowing this year because of the lack of length of memberships is the stipulation that is written/highlighted in purple. All the rest of the info stands as written..

So get thinking on who you want to be your BoD for the next two years. DO NOT post up nominations until the 15th of November. If any are they will be deleted. The poll if needed will be up on the 23rd of November. The election will end 23:59 November 30th.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
92d9f5524e137cbc8c47899f6e090ebe.jpg

At the Rally in Arkansas we did a BLINDMAN obstacle course. Doing that course blindfolded and not seeing anything or any other trucks kind of reminded me of RRC :)

Please make sure you nominate and then elect a BOD. Failure to do so could result in the RedRiver chapter being dissolved.

mac 'thanks' gyvr

I nominate Patrick 'blenny' for RRC President

I accept

I second Brady iluv83vettes for treasurer of the RRC

I accept.

I dont see the part highlighted in purple

Are there any members who have less than 1 year in RRC?

Are there any members who have less than 1 year in RRC?

The current bod could vote to suspend this requirement for the current election if they so desired and it was necessary.

I did check and everyone nominated meets the requirement

mac 'just in case' gyvr

Well, I decided to close the elections before I go to bed and the results are no surprise.
Brady "ilove83vettes" won by a landslide
Ed "crusher16" won by a smaller margin
Patrick "Blenny" wom in a tie..... (not sure how I feel about that)

Now time to plan RoM

Back