• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radius bender, roller? roll bender?

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
i have no idea what these are called, but theyre cool, and i made one in an hour for a couple small gussets. cool fab tool to have around the shop, definately.

heres some pics of the inspiration, from utv crap's shop thread over on pirate.... posted so you can see the class-A, top shelf model...

a very nice roller, it fits their shop(one with not one, but MANY CNC machines) mine shall fit mine, one with not one, but MANY handheld grinders! its a little bit involved, but he has the potential to use 2 differant size rollers.... i said screw that, as im using it to build sheet metal gussets for my cage, so i only need to bend U shaped peices, with an OD of 1.5". a 1 3/8" .281(common size on steering links utilizing 3/4 heims with bungs) DOM die roller, plus a peice of 16g, doubled over, equals juuuust about 1.5" OD, perfect.
heres mine, with scrap, and an hour of my time. as with all my tools, its not perfect, and many spots are unfinished welding wise, but it works! i can finish it up anytime, if i deem it 'finished'. many tools stay in beta for a looong time, why bother painting stuff that stays in the shop. apologies about the mess...

onto the low-class, bottom shelf model =)

results came out flawless, perfect radius bends up to 1/8".

thats bad ass dude. we had a radius roller at my fab school we used it for aluminum seats and and roll pans and such for hotrod trucks. i never thought about using it for making gussets. nice way to think outside the box

Back