• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why was my thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki_racer

NAXJA Forum User
I posted a link to a video I found on youtube. It was about 10 seconds long and showed two XJ's in a field. One XJ backs up and hits the other XJ by mistake.

I was also given a warning for advocating unsafe behavior. I find this odd since I see tons of threads every day on this forum about DUI's, wrecks, and fabrication mistakes that are all 10 times more dangerous than the video I posted.

I was also told I had violated a rule. I checked the rules again, and there is nothing in them mentioning not to post videos of XJs in a field. I have however seen tons of violations of actual rules that go on without a second glance (cussing, name calling, thread bumping).

Since the moderator that warned me refuses to respond to my PMs, I was wondering if anyone else can help me figure out what is going on.

I posted a link to a video I found on youtube. It was about 10 seconds long and showed two XJ's in a field. One XJ backs up and hits the other XJ by mistake.

I was also given a warning for advocating unsafe behavior. I find this odd since I see tons of threads every day on this forum about DUI's, wrecks, and fabrication mistakes that are all 10 times more dangerous than the video I posted.

I was also told I had violated a rule. I checked the rules again, and there is nothing in them mentioning not to post videos of XJs in a field. I have however seen tons of violations of actual rules that go on without a second glance (cussing, name calling, thread bumping).

Since the moderator that warned me refuses to respond to my PMs, I was wondering if anyone else can help me figure out what is going on.

Your video contained a lot of profanity and was not appropriate for our family oriented forum. If you see posts that you think violate the rule of the forum, use the report post button to report them. It is impossible moderators to read every thread so we have to rely on our users to help by reporting posts.

This is from the bylaws of the Corporation
  1. Each Member shall conduct himself/herself in public in a respectable manner at all times, both during and outside of Corporation activities. Public conduct which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, reflects badly on the Corporation or the off-highway community shall constitute grounds for possible suspension or expulsion from the Corporation.
The bottom line is use some common sense. You attempt to say just because someone else is doing it, it is OK for you to do it is juvenile.

The bottom line is that we try to keep a clean, family oriented board. Anything put on the board that could put NAXJA or our sport in a bad light is subject to removal. Yes some profanity slips through, but if it is brought to the moderators attention, it will normally be deleted.

While you may find something funny, if it can be used to advance the cause of those apposed to our sport, it will most likely be removed.

Former NAXJA National President
Current NAXJA Colorado Chapter President

Thanks for the explanation. I'm all for the family oriented board, I just feel that if a moderator has time to look at a video that I posted around 3am EST, that things that get posted during the day, or that are on the naxja front page should be noticed.

Is this not considered profanity?

naxja.jpg

I also forgot to mention that the video I linked to wasn't mine. I found it on another offroading forum and thought it was relevant to NAXJA seeing as how it has 2 XJ's in it.

Last edited:
If it was unacceptable it would have been removed by now.

I can see from your sig that you are also a supporter of a family friendly community. Thanks for the help understanding what is acceptable and what is not.

What is wrong with nipples?

"Post up your Nipples" is family friendly?

"If it was removed then it was removed, get over it and move on..." is a great way to help me figure out what was wrong about it. How am I, or any other member of the forum, supposed to know what is and isn't acceptable when moderators apparently randomly select? I think asking why it was deleted and expecting a reason, is justified. I'm pretty sure that's something that should be covered under "User Support, Questions and Suggestions."

The answer I received was completely different from the warning I received, which didn't help clarify anything for me. As far as I can tell, members with at least 1,000 posts are allowed to post non-family friendly items and those under that limit can't.

"Post up your Nipples" is family friendly?

"If it was removed then it was removed, get over it and move on..." is a great way to help me figure out what was wrong about it. How am I, or any other member of the forum, supposed to know what is and isn't acceptable when moderators apparently randomly select? I think asking why it was deleted and expecting a reason, is justified. I'm pretty sure that's something that should be covered under "User Support, Questions and Suggestions."

The answer I received was completely different from the warning I received, which didn't help clarify anything for me. As far as I can tell, members with at least 1,000 posts are allowed to post non-family friendly items and those under that limit can't.

Did it ever occur to you that I work with bicycle nipples for a living?

BTW..... Nominated.

I got your nipples right here

grease-fitting-grease-nipples.jpg

now that we have the nipples taken care of... I think these are appropriate;

SnugDry.jpg

or grow a set of these and move on;

brass%20balls.bmp

Post count doesn't count, go ahead an ask me how i know...Hell with it, i get busted all the time for chit and i get pissed an say things that aren't nice.. Hell i have called cracker names and he busted me for that..See the count doesn't matter around here..Now we can go to the den to have fun...

Why is asking what I did wrong the same as being a baby or needing to grow a set? So far on this forum I've run in to more people calling other people names than actually answering questions. I actually regret paying for a membership because of this kind of stuff.

I asked what I did wrong so I could learn not to do it again. When I was told two different things about the same video, I asked for clarification on it.

Why is asking what I did wrong the same as being a baby or needing to grow a set? So far on this forum I've run in to more people calling other people names than actually answering questions. I actually regret paying for a membership because of this kind of stuff.

I asked what I did wrong so I could learn not to do it again. When I was told two different things about the same video, I asked for clarification on it.

you asked what you did wrong, the powers that be explained that while there are other instances of improper language/actions/etc they are not all caught by the mods themselves. even the video you posted may not have been caught by them, but reported and they actioned it as such.
the video itself showed people driving in a dangerous fashion, and the apparent language was not acceptable. considering the site is open to the public, it would seem to an outsider that NAXJA was promoting such driving/language if it posts links to such vidoes... more fuel for the "anti-offroaders" fire.

you regret paying for membership because of the treatment you've received. did you buy the membership hopinh for hugs and kisses? personally I got mine because I have received countless tips/ideas/advice/help from the members here, and figured this is one way I can pay back since I'll probably never get to wheel with, or meet anyone on this board.

as for the name calling, well me I'm a bit of a prick. I mean no harm, but I poke fun at people, all my friends have thick skin, or tell me off and I poke harder until they understand it's just who I am... or they stop being my friend (surprisingly I have more then 3 friends, and a wife even). sometimes people aren't as concerned about certain events as you are, so we poke fun at your expense, expecting/hoping you can realize maybe it's not as big a deal as it's being made out to be... if not, well poke more and hope for the best.

now, grow a set!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back