• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor Jack question

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
What floor jack are you guys using if you do not have access to a lift to work on the XJ suspension? I need a jack to put a new 3 inch lift on and I dont have a lift to use. Any input would be great.

My sons bought me a floor jack from Costco a few years ago. I used it to put my 3" lift on.

Also used heavy duty jack stands...

My sons bought me a floor jack from Costco a few years ago. I used it to put my 3" lift on.

Also used heavy duty jack stands...

Do you think you would be able to get me the model number? I want to know how high it will raise to.

I guess all I need is some jack stands that will hold the body up and I can lift it from the axles. that will be a cheaper way to do it and I already have a small jack that will lift it.

Yep, just jack up under the pumpkin and place jack stands under the frame rails. Lower the jack under the pumpkin and swap out the springs. You don't need a special jack. Hint: jack it up as high as it will go when you put the jack stands under the rails.

Yep, just jack up under the pumpkin and place jack stands under the frame rails. Lower the jack under the pumpkin and swap out the springs. You don't need a special jack. Hint: jack it up as high as it will go when you put the jack stands under the rails.

Yeah I will get the tallest stands I can find and go from there.

The jack is heavy duty aluminum. I haven't seen one like it since it was new but they do have a similar one. Not that it's a great jack. I've had to tighten nearly every bolt on the darn thing. Everything written has either been worn away or painted over but it raises to 20". Jack stands are Craftsman 6 ton and extend 24".

Don't forget to chock the wheels...

...and like Josh said, raise from the pumpkin. Catch me on a day off and I can lend a hand.

My dad owns a machine shop so I just borrowed the forklift. Sad part is it had no breaks and the mast leaked down 3 inches in 45 minutes. Kinda scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad HF stopped selling their long frame floor jack about 10 years ago. It will go up to about 30 inches. Makes quick work out of a lifted vehicle.

I got one with 2 stands of Craigslist for $50. 20" of lift and the cup is about 6" wide. 1.5 ton if I recall

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I buy all my floor jacks and jack stands at Harbor Freight. They have floor jacks with more than 20" of lift and stands of 3 tons = 16" ; 6 tons = 23" and 12 tons = 30" maximum height.

If there is a store near you, go online, get some coupons, save your self a few buck.

I have a set of the 6 ton stands that work vey well under the unibody when I have to drip the axles.

I buy all my floor jacks and jack stands at Harbor Freight. They have floor jacks with more than 20" of lift and stands of 3 tons = 16" ; 6 tons = 23" and 12 tons = 30" maximum height.

If there is a store near you, go online, get some coupons, save your self a few buck.

I have a set of the 6 ton stands that work vey well under the unibody when I have to drip the axles.

There is one across the street from me. I will be going there. Thanks guys

I have a 3.5 ton with 19" of lift. I build a 4" and 12" extension for it. Basically a 4×4x1/4 the has a leaf spring plate weld on the top and the bottom plate has a capsolted 7/8 nuts. I use a 7/8 bolt and washed to attach it to the floor jack. Simple and solid. I've been useing the set up since 2007

Back