• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Titan Monster 4.9 300 Cubic Inch Jeep Stroker

Just get the HTK and look 3700 bucks for all this
AMC/Jeep 4.7L Stroker 1999-2006 ( HP67 ) $2,999.00 $3,774.00 Ported Head $175.00 Roller Rocker Arms $350.00 Aluminum Valve Cover, Oil Pan, Timing Cover $175.00 Rods Upgraded with ARP Bolts $75.00 Total: $3,774.00

i was looking at golen 4.6 turbo motor. i was disappointed to find out that even though it was built for a turbo they recommend 6psi max of 8psi. that's what the stock can handle. whats the point.

and they come off really expensive to me. but everyone seems to say they great

just get a local shop to build up a motor for you. then you can spend the money you would have paid in shipping on other trick stuff for the jeep

If you want a solid big stroker from a very reputable company, 505 Performance makes stroker kits from 4.5L through 5.0L... stroker kits come with full rotating assemblies, all you need to do is get the machine work for your block and head done and use their parts... Here's a link for the 5.0 stroker kit... http://www.shop.505performance.com/product.sc?productId=180&categoryId=25
They also do turbo kits and they sell the coveted roller cam setup, which is not cheap... I talked with them a couple days ago and the 4.5/4.6/4.7L economy kit is on sale for $1,100...

Okay, so I have done some homework. I live in Gainesville, Fl. I was looking for a shop to take my 'Ruby' to close by that knew their way around a Jeep. I've read all the crap being spewed (truly sorry for your luck; I am) about Titan. I started digging around, not just reading 'hearsay' on message boards, but really digging. Titan has been around since the 70s, actually before that in South Florida (You don't succeed in ANY business for that long by being a 'SLIME BALL' or a 'CROOK'.
Sorry.
Yes, they began solely in parts, but as the chains rolled into town they shifted their focus to stay afloat. THAT is savvy, I don't care if you sell shoes or whatever. Times change, Titan has evolved to the needs of the time.
Before ANY ONE touches my Jeep, I have to know them. The guys at Titan walked me through their shop, explained how every machine worked (whether I understood completely or not). I know I drove them insane with my questions, but EVERY person I talked to was patient an incredibly helpful.
I was thoroughly impressed. I bit the bullet and bought a 4.9 MONSTER... It was the BEST move I've made in quite some time.
I have just taken my 'Ruby' down for it's 12,000 mile check up on MY 4.9--- It's still wonderful!!!!!
It does suck when things don't work out, but whining and talking trash can make you look just as bad as the business you're trying to put down.

It does suck when things don't work out, but whining and talking trash can make you look just as bad as the business you're trying to put down.

You're the ONE person who has had ANYTHING good to say about titan. Sorry but i'm not taking the word of one over the word of many(most of them very knowledgeable).

You registered just to talk about how good Titan is and tell their history, while the majority (if not all) of their other customers have nothing but bad to say?

That IS mighty suspicious. Even if you don't work for them, it looks worse for them than not saying anything at all...

At the end of the day, reputations are earned and not given. This includes Titans.

What about Golen engines? Anyone have anything to say about their strokers? That is who I'm looking at going with.

I have a Golen Motor, I would buy another in a heartbeat. Chad Golen answers the everytime and can answer any question you may have. His company makes a phenomenal product.

I have a Golen Motor, I would buy another in a heartbeat. Chad Golen answers the everytime and can answer any question you may have. His company makes a phenomenal product.

I can vouch for that! I just need some time behind the wheel to be completely sure.........:D

I sourced my own parts and had a machine shop do all the machining and assembly. Total I spent about $500 less than a titan motor, the cheapest 4.6L when I priced them out a couple years ago.

Parakeet

I sourced my own parts and had a machine shop do all the machining and assembly. Total I spent about $500 less than a titan motor, the cheapest 4.6L when I priced them out a couple years ago.

Parakeet

We built Goatmans stroker for his KOH buggy for $1600 out the door. What does a Titan cost?

SilverXJ(?) I think thats his name at least. Over on jeepstrokers.com SilverXJ states that he had issues with Titan as well.
His case was the 3rd one I found about people having issues with Titan. Not bagging on their company, but after reading those I know I won't give them my money. Its not worth the risk in my eyes lol.

So a wildjeepchick that has a Titan 4.9l TJ Rubicon registered on an XJ site to give her one and probably only post to praise Titan(the same person gave the exact same praise about the shop and 1XXXX trouble-free miles under a different name before if you search)?

Wow, you guys are quick to jump to conclusions. Have anything better to do than rag on people you don't know? Not looking promising there. No, I work at Old Navy, thank you.
If my posts bother you or threaten your manly prowess in any way, that's too bad. Maybe one HONEST post can make a difference, instead of a bunch of he said she said & 'I made up my mind before I went there and wanted them to screw up just so I could be a lemming like all the other posters.' Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, I get that. XJ, Rubicon, Cherokee, Comanche, or bloody Bat mobile, it shouldn't make a difference. Just sayin. . .

Back