• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anti-Theft device for XJs

XJtraveler

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you know, my XJ was stolen a few weeks ago. I have gotten it back (and it is sitting at my mechanics till insurance gets their poop together).
:banghead:
I want to put an anti-theft device on it/ in it.
For now, it might just be 'The Club'.

Anyone have ideas on other anti-theft devices? Something where they can't drive off in it, or even break into it?

Just a deadman switch to the fuel pump relay. You can hide it under the dash or in the center console.

I just installed a viper alarm largely due to hearing about your ride. I saw some pretty inventive starter kill setups on the net though.

DSC_0391.jpg

Back window of my MJ.

Window tint helps. They can't see in to see what you got.

Even a fake flashing red led light can prevent a lot of break ins.
You can always run your ignition wire to a switch or button.
This way you have to push the button while turning the key.

Another clever thing I saw was door handles that had an electric current run through them if the alarm goes off.
Say they break a window to unlock the door.
They would go to grab the door handle and they would get a violent shock.

I want to put my sliders on some kind of hydro assisted setup. When some one tries to break in the sliders will slide out and break knee caps. Lol

Army plates must help too because none of my cars get messed with. :D

I've never had anyone try ether. Must be the tattoo artist stickers. Lol
People seem to think there is a crazy owner that drives it.

Mine actually came with lo jack and one of those electronic keys under the steering wheel that I can pull and it kills the ignition. But I never take it out so it does do me much good.

FYI, wiring high voltage to the door handles can be construed as a "Man Trap" and you could be subject to arrest if it is discovered say, by the Cops after a break in. It is right up there with rigging a shotgun to the front door of your house to keep house breakers at bay...

Now, a 160db siren placed in the interior, that would be OK... Do we care if the perps ear drums are shattered? Check the laws.

I run a fuel cut off and a cable through my steering wheel that goes around my seat with a big lock. Ran the cable and lock in my yota with 37s seating in a parking lot in the wee hours of the night to morning. That year of yota a pencil can get you in. With my current set-up no issues and the fact that the guy parking next to me is a TJ with just a bikini top year round and full doors and I think it helps.

FYI, wiring high voltage to the door handles can be construed as a "Man Trap" and you could be subject to arrest if it is discovered say, by the Cops after a break in. It is right up there with rigging a shotgun to the front door of your house to keep house breakers at bay...

Now, a 160db siren placed in the interior, that would be OK... Do we care if the perps ear drums are shattered? Check the laws.

If I remember right, I was watching a show about making an armored car and they did the door handles.

Not saying its legal for a regular citizen. Lol

Just saying its a good theft device.

Found a "how to" write up with a quick google search.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4678201_build-fake-car-alarm-light.html

Hope this helps you out.
You an buy fake alarm lights at autozone. But they look fake.

This write up I found will give you a realistic fake alarm light

Thanks,sounds like you can buy them that will automatically turn on when the cars off and off when the cars on? which is kind of weird consider if you run into a ignition wire its only Hot when the ignition is on?

Back