• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Van mounted lift arm

Sarge

NAXJA Forum User
Wanting to make a lift arm, jib crane, cherry picker, whatever name you want to call it for my van. A friend has one which ties into the roof and floor and another has one which just ties into the floor. The one that just ties to the floor looks cheaper to make and has worked great for him for a few years now.

Basically it has two legs at a 90 degree angle and a laft arm with a 45 degree brace. The arm would have to be about 33 inches long with the brace still allowing me to remove the inside mounted spare. I think I can pick these up for about $250 or so. Can I make one for less?

Anyone out there can draw me up some basic plans? I have no doubt I could slap one together but not having any experience with this sort of thing I don't want to screw it up. Load would be in the 300-325 lb range and be used 5-6 days a week at an average of 5 times a day. It would utilize a winch to lift the load and would not have to rotate altho the ability to rotate wouldn't be bad.

Thanks
Sarge

Last edited:
Back