• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beware of 4WP

They have added undisclosed shipping surcharges.

They charged me $19 for wheel weights when mounting and balancing was free.

More. I can no longer shop there.

They sent me a $15 off purchase at christmas time. I went on-line and priced a Hi-lift jack, and then went to the store to buy. They told me it would be an additional $20 more than the website. I explained that the on-line 4wp site stated that the prices would be matched at the store. The gentlemen said I could use the $15 coupon or get the internet pricing. I told him I had one more choice and walked out.

So much for the holiday spirit.

Ya I ve been waiting on a set of rims for almost a month now!

they told me i couldnt replace the bushing on my RE track bar, and was going to have to buy a whole new one from them....ordered a bushing from RE and did it in 10 min.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I am a commercial account there and I have never been porked over, then again, I deal with all the guys personally. Never had any issues here in Fresno.

I don't think they are that bad, but you have to remember they will do anything to make more money. If you are smart you will work them, they have price matching, pays to have a cell phone and call the main number and not take the price of the guy at the counter. Some items they must warrenty, you can take in some parts, even if you did not buy at 4WP, and they will give you a free replacement.

But you should always be in fear of them working you over.

Ordered a Hanson front bumper through 4WD.com and to save on shipping I could pick it up at one of their 60 nation wide stores which is 4WParts of coarse. I picked Oakland being it's the closest. The manager called me 2 days later saying the manufacturer had it in stock and that it should be at the store in 3 days. He'd call me when it arrived. 6 days went by and no call so I stopped by store since I was in the east bay...it was there! I was already to do battle over any additional charges...there were none! Got the bumper and off I went.

Very surprising after the ordeal I went through last August trying to get a TeraFlex rear bumper for my JK Rubicon. I never did after 2 1/2 months...multiple phone calls...rude sales people on the phone. I realize now that TeraFlex was having problems getting stuff out at the time, but don't tell me that it's in their...4WP warehouse and will be at the store in 2 days. I went to the TransAmerica warehouse in Union City and they said it was at the store! They wanted to charge me a restocking fee for a bumper that wasn't even there or even shipped! :nono:

Problem is they're BIG and control too many other 4WD parts places from behind the scenes through ownership or wholesale supplier. Even when you don't want to deal with them, you probably are! :bs:

Ordered a Hanson front bumper through 4WD.com and to save on shipping I could pick it up at one of their 60 nation wide stores which is 4WParts of coarse. I picked Oakland being it's the closest. The manager called me 2 days later saying the manufacturer had it in stock and that it should be at the store in 3 days. He'd call me when it arrived. 6 days went by and no call so I stopped by store since I was in the east bay...it was there! I was already to do battle over any additional charges...there were none! Got the bumper and off I went.

Very surprising after the ordeal I went through last August trying to get a TeraFlex rear bumper for my JK Rubicon. I never did after 2 1/2 months...multiple phone calls...rude sales people on the phone. I realize now that TeraFlex was having problems getting stuff out at the time, but don't tell me that it's in their...4WP warehouse and will be at the store in 2 days. I went to the TransAmerica warehouse in Union City and they said it was at the store! They wanted to charge me a restocking fee for a bumper that wasn't even there or even shipped! :nono:

Problem is they're BIG and control too many other 4WD parts places from behind the scenes through ownership or wholesale supplier. Even when you don't want to deal with them, you probably are! :bs:

I work with the engineer that designed the Hanson Bumpers here in Fresno. They make and ship all their stuff from here, but times have been slow on them.

Well,
I just received a call from one of our customers about this thread.
I don't really know what to say.I have been working for 4wp for about 11 years and have seen so many things happen. I can relate to some of the issues i see on here and of course it makes me confused even a little sad.:confused:
I cannot fix what i don't know about. So I figured i would throw out my number and open my office door to anyone with questions or issues. I am here for anyone that needs assistance. Please feel free to contact Pete or Mike at 510-436-4985. If for some reason Pete or Mike is the issue Please give us another chance to make it right.I'm a normal guy that goes four wheeling ,drinks be*r , shops at stores , ect ect.

Thanks Pete.

Well,
I just received a call from one of our customers about this thread.
I don't really know what to say.I have been working for 4wp for about 11 years and have seen so many things happen. I can relate to some of the issues i see on here and of course it makes me confused even a little sad.:confused:
I cannot fix what i don't know about. So I figured i would throw out my number and open my office door to anyone with questions or issues. I am here for anyone that needs assistance. Please feel free to contact Pete or Mike at 510-436-4985. If for some reason Pete or Mike is the issue Please give us another chance to make it right.I'm a normal guy that goes four wheeling ,drinks be*r , shops at stores , ect ect.

Thanks Pete.

Thanks for your reply. It is nice to hear that someone around there cares about customer service. :thumbup:

Pete,

Thank you for posting. It is clear that your view of customer service needs to be shared with the rest of your staff. I appreciate you offering your phone # for questions or comments.

Back