• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX Data Logger

yellowoctupus

NAXJA Forum User
I found an interesting Russian site (no guys, not mail order brides...) that is somewhat defunct however had a Renix Data Logger and software to download! Unfortunately that site is basically useless now, however ANOTHER Russian site had somewhat useful instructions on the logger's use and the two files zipped and saved in it's downloads section. The guy is Konstantin Grjznov who put this stuff together originally, here's his website: http://jeep.avtograd.ru/cherokee/injection/renix/modes.htm . (Obviously I was using the 'google translate version of both.) This other site is where I got the attached pictures from and the files downloaded from: http://jeep-diagnost.tk/diagnostika_renix_vol1/

Here's the direct link to the ViewLog.exe and the RenixCom.exe . They're Zip files, each has three files, 1 -an Internet Shortcut (back to the jeep-diagnost.... site), 2- a Read Me (citing the jeep-diagnost guy as the 'author' or something) and 3- the actual RenixCom.exe or ViewLOG.exe file itself. No spam or malicious files or anything like that. I have opened both .exe files just to check that they worked, but haven't built the little circuit yet.

Has anybody tried this yet? It looks really cool!

PS. Is there a place to upload PDF files here? The JPGs below are basically impossible to read after they were uploaded to photobucket... :(

page-0.jpg

page-1.jpg

page-2.jpg

page-3.jpg

page-4.jpg

page-5.jpg

page-6.jpg

page-7.jpg

page-8.jpg

page-9.jpg

I'm a bit surprised no one ever replied to the original post 11 months ago?

I tried to put the drawing. Why is it that I have seen.

This theme found my friends a couple of days ago. One of them gathered this device, and it is host site to which reference is made in the beginning of the topic.

Hello Spongebob,

I'm using the RenixCom.exe software on my Renix XJ 4.0 1989.

Could you please share me the whole window?

I want to cross-check your values (CTS, IAC, TPS, PW...) with mine.

Regards,
Lucio.

im not sure about the last picture with the o2 circled but the renix cherokee has a 0-5v swing on the O2 and thats normal.

but your alternator looks like its bad if your batt voltage is 5 volts.

Yes,
I put the voltmeter on the O2 heater wiring (with O2 connected) and I'm able to read 12V fixed (at Idle).
So, Heating element is powered.

It's strange that the BATT voltage is below 5V (4.38V).
I remember in the past that my alternator fails and I changed the alternator electronic board.

However, battery voltage is 12.70V.

Do you think that my alternator is providing 5V instead of 12V?

If yes, the overall voltage remains 12V....

If I'm not wrong, 12V engine off, and 14V during engine run (idle)

Last edited:
yes it should be close to 14v running. the battery voltage the ecu sees is only when the fuel pump is active. it could be a bad wire or grounding issue. im not 100% sure but the ecu might use that information to compensate fuel mixtures and spark duration.

Right.
Injectors are PWM driven, so, the battery voltage is taken into account in order
to have right injectors timings.

From my side it's strange the 5V reading on the battery...

Today I'll try by using a different and powerful laptop (now is a Celeron 1.2GHz with 512 Mb of RAM).

"the battery voltage is taken into account in order
to have right injectors timings."

Nonsense, the Injectors are either fully open or closed. I know they can open with 9 V from a 9V battery.

Where and when are you reading 5 Volts? The ECU supplies 5 Volts to the O2 sensor on Renix, and the O2 sensor is a variable resistor. Resistance varies based on O2 concentration gradient between Exhaust O2 concentration and the external O2 concentration.

12 volts is plenty for the O2 heater.

If the ECU is trying to maintain the idle and closed loop, and there is a fuel pressure or IAC-idle air or vacuum leak issue, the ECU may be switching to open loop at idle?

The PWM only controls the open time. The injectors fully open if there is enough voltage to open the solenoids.

the voltage reading may change the dwell time on the ignition coil. so it could be slowly burning out the coil by charging it longer than needed.

Back