• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Center console

Sullie

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 1988 XJ standard transmission.

I got it looking like this...
24c207832089c86d7e4ceeec73de5c03.jpg

As u can tell there is no center console.
Was wondering what years can I get that will bolt directly in with little moving or redrilling...

Also if I find a console and it's for an automatic is it the same console for the manuel, looking at some online and they seen to be the same with just a pop in piece for the automatic stick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

84-96 I think. I'm pretty sure the automatic is the same just pop out the shifter plate
The only thing I can think of that might be different is if the 4wd lever doesn't have an opening in the console. Pretty sure it was just a piece of plastic that pops out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84-96 I think. I'm pretty sure the automatic is the same just pop out the shifter plate
The only thing I can think of that might be different is if the 4wd lever doesn't have an opening in the console. Pretty sure it was just a piece of plastic that pops out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The console does surround the 4WD shifter, the bezel pops out. There are also two steel brackets that are screwed to the tunnel.

As an aside, there is an HVAC duct that runs under the console to heat the rear floor area. If you prefer to eliminate this duct, it would be a good idea to block off the opening in the heater box.

Where are you located? I have a early full console. In socal

Back