• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding the RE HD trackbar mount to the frame rail

Weld on the leading edge(towards the front of the vehicle) where you can grind it off if needed. A 3/4" to 1" bead on the side and a 3/4" to 1" bead on the bottom should do it.
Been running mine like that for a couple years with no issues.

Jes said:
Weld on the leading edge(towards the front of the vehicle) where you can grind it off if needed. A 3/4" to 1" bead on the side and a 3/4" to 1" bead on the bottom should do it.
Been running mine like that for a couple years with no issues.

OK, just to make sure: the bead is only on one side (towards the front) and the side edge that is facing the cab is left untouched?

Sounds easy enough.

Kejtar said:
OK, just to make sure: the bead is only on one side (towards the front) and the side edge that is facing the cab is left untouched?

Sounds easy enough.

Yep. You can goto town on it if ya want but you may want to remove it in the future for some reason.
I just removed mine a couple of weeks ago to modify it and it was easy to get off with a cutoff wheel.

Jes said:
Yep. You can goto town on it if ya want but you may want to remove it in the future for some reason.
I just removed mine a couple of weeks ago to modify it and it was easy to get off with a cutoff wheel.

OK, that was my biggest concern: balancing the strength (as in enough bead) while still keeping it removeable.

One more question: do you also have it braced (whether it is to help ease the tension off the weld or to stiffen the frame rails against each other)?

Not to hijack but when I got my 5.5 lift re did'nt send the bolt for the frame end of the track bar so I went to the hardware store and got a 10mm gr.8 bolt and nut of the right length.Is this the right bolt or is it supposed to be double nutted?I noticed when I tightened the nut the track bar was hard to move.What gives?And sorry again for hijacking...just need to know.Thanks

Back