• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rugged Ridge Racing seats

The_Punisher

NAXJA Forum User
Any have recent experience with Rugged ridge racing seats? I've seen reviews, but not very many and not any recently.

http://www.ruggedridge.com/rrc-off-road-racing-seat-reclinable-red-13448-53.html

So #1 reason I'm interested in them is I can apparently get them shipped to me for free (In Alaska) off Amazon. #2 reason is they come with required mounting hardware.

I've hears some things, like they sit higher than stock? Anyone have input?

I have a pair that I picked up locally off Craigslist. I am not using them because they do indeed sit higher, and being a bit over 6' they put my noggin too close to the roof. I think I could cut apart the mounts and redo everything to get an inch or so back out of them, but I am not sure it would be worth the effort. The side bolsters are a bit too pronounced for a daily driver.

For a trail rig and a shorter driver they would probably be fine.

I wonder how they would be for me? I'm 5'11"

I have perfectly good seats in my XJ, but just bought a new-to-me XJ with a broken front sit and wanted to throw racing seats in my project rig and put my good seats in the other rig.

Im 5'10" and my head wasn't far from the roof, also I would suggest against these due to the fact I had my drivers side seat break. the recline adj broke on it and I just about ended up in the back seat. I havnt sent it back due to either I pay for a new seat (and I don't have $400 layin around) or pay for shipping which was almost as much as the seat. spend more on a PRP or other brand.

I know it's not the question you asked, but I have PRP Daily Driver recliner seats in my 2 door, and I am supremely happy with them. Yep, more expensive no doubt, but top quality construction.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO

I know it's not the question you asked, but I have PRP Daily Driver recliner seats in my 2 door, and I am supremely happy with them. Yep, more expensive no doubt, but top quality construction.

how are those seats? and whatd you do to get them to fold up far enough for access to the back seat?

how are those seats? and whatd you do to get them to fold up far enough for access to the back seat?

I really like them. It would appear that they wouldn't hold you in a well, as the side bolsters don't look very high. But side support is quite good. The reclining Daily Driver model also tilts forward, so allow back seat access. The forward flip is more than 45 degrees, and I moved the adjustable mount on the passenger side forward more than the drivers. With the seat slid forward, and flipped forward, the seat back touches the dash, affording a lot of room to get in the back seat.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=246558695&postcount=17

I'd skip the Rugged Ridge seats. The local 4WP store had them on display and they were uncomfortable. Every seat was uncomfortable in a different way and they were all the same model. I guess quality control was asleep that year.

I went with the PRP Daily Drivers and they are perfect. I've also had the Mastercraft Rubicon, which I would rate #2 behind the PRP seats.

Awesome, thanks everyone.

How did you guys mount the PRP seats? Does PRP sell seat brackets for the XJ?

Are the PRP seats, once installed, higher than stock? Not the back, but the bottom to where the driver sits higher?

Back