• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame-side Trackbar mount

myjeepsbigger

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm having some real issues with my upper trackbar mount. Busted the lower (stock D30) earlier in the summer, and after rebuilding that, I'm having prob's with the upper. I somehow managed to break the factory mount in half. I'm running an adjustable bar with a 3/4 heim on the upper side. I'm looking for advise here, because I know you guys are pushing your rigs harder than I do mine and I'm pretty sick of repeated failures.

I'm going to pick up my front 60 this weekend and will begin the install soon....so I need to make sure I have this area beefed enough to handle the extra weight and stress. Looking openly for reinforcement ideas and such. Please comment.

My initial thoughts are to plate the area with some 3/16 or 1/4" along with copious amounts of plug-welds to the uni-rail....followed by tying it into the tube work somehow. But I'm having serious "fabber's block" right now. Just looking for some ideas to spark a little creativity.

I don't really have a good shot of the front suspension, but it's all going away soon anyhow. This is what I'm working with:

(poser pic, but you get the idea)
DSC03749.jpg

cant see in the picture, how is the heim mounted to the tracbar bracket? - is the bolt vertical or horizontal to the ground. the reason i ask - if the bolt is vertical you may be maxing out the heim's misalignment at times and placing an awful lot of stress on that bracket. so if its not already, mount it sideways in double shear.

I just built a new trackbar mount using the original 4 bolts. I'm runing a Spooled 60 front with hydro assit and haven't had any issues.

Here are a couple pivs of the mounts and trackbar. The trackbar is 1.75x .125 DOM and I used a 2.5" Johnny Joint on one side and a 3" poly bushing on the other. The bracket is 3/16" plate with a piece os 4" x .25 wall box cut to make the bracket.

Yes I know the track bar doesn't fallow the drag link very well. I have a waggy arm I need to put on to get rid of the drop pitman. It isn't neccissary anymore with the highsteer.

10005299ef.jpg

10005286rl.jpg

10005305sn.jpg

10005313ev.jpg

Mount the heims verticle in a new bracket & run a cross brace under the motor to the opposite frame rail & you should be good to go. I suspect you're maxing out the heim as well. You can just see the bolt hole above the heim. This is for the brace that crosses over to the other frame rail.
compresseddsfront.jpg

Good stuff guys. Thanks.

Have the 60 on stands now getting it freshened up.

DSC04094.jpg

Back