• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Metalcloak Lift

Probably but you would need to use them at both ends and you would get side to side flex the same as if you were to use a Johney Joint.

hrmm would it twist too much with a polly on the body end of the leaf spring? cuz I figured with the duroflex join in the shackle end, when it flexed down the joint would take any twisting instead of the spring

You could use the Alcon set up and replace the orbit eye and side bushing caps with 2.5" duraflex joints. This would eliminate road noise and give you the same amount of flex. I am not sure if anyone has done this and not sure the longetivity of the duraflex bushings with this set up but it should work. As always fabrication could be necessary when you mix and match two different products.

matsonian, still here? What is the nominal spring rate on the 4.5" coil springs (front TJ coils)? I called 2x and can't get the info. Synergy and Rock Krawler gave me theirs, trying to decide on a purchase for new coils.

I've been running MC 3.5 for about a year and have nothing but great things to say about their lift in my 93. I did however piece together my lift a bit because of the fact I already had some of the parts installed already. But for the most part it's the ARB Edition kit with the exception of a Kevins Offroad trackbar, JKS swaybar links and ACOS adjustable spacers in front. I also purchaced their aluminum upper and lower control arms (that are f**kin great, beef and supper easy to adjust). I used the full spring pack and with the ACOS I ended up with 4.5 of lift front and rear after settling. I'm running an ARB Bull Bar bumper and winch and sits level front to rear and rides great on and off road. I'd also like to mention that I also carry about 300-400lbs of gear. I simply can't say enough about the customer service at MC as they answered all my questions before and after my purchases. Hope this helps.

Back