• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new member in houston area

i am going to look at it tomorrow morning :) now i need to find someone to ride over there with me so i can drive it home. i was really was really hoping for a white or green one.

more diappointment. the brakes were gone. i laid the driver seat back and it wouldnt come back up(all power controls), engine revved to 3k then would go down to almost dying then rev back to 3k. 4wd lever stuck in 4low. that may have been me not knowing how to put it back though. tranny shifted hard with a clank. power locks didnt operate on back doors. didnt even try the windows as it is raining pretty hard here today. decided to walk away.

oh well, keep looking....

My power locks on the rear don't work either, neither do my rear outside door handles. I could do a whole set of brakes, including rotors, calipers everything for less than $150-200 in parts. I bet the engine revving problem was just a bad sensor somewhere, or a vaccuum line. Seats could be easily/cheaply swapped for manual seats. Did you have it in nuetral when you were trying to shift the T-case? Mine has to be in nuetral to shift it. I would have just used those things as bargaining chips. Body wise it was really clean looking from the pics, and that is hard to come by sometimes.

i tried shifting the 4wd while in drive then while in park. i may go back and check it out more. im nervous about if it's not working properly cuz i know nothing about them. i really shouldnt even be looking at them by myself.

My T-case won't shift in drive or park either (at least not easily), but when I put it in nuetral it shifts pretty easily. Plus even if the T-case was Garbage I can get replacements around here for less than $100-150. Just weigh all of those things, and it may be worth it. Even with all that you mentioned i would still buy it if I could get it for say $1200 or less. Keep in mind that I know how to work on them myself, but you will learn how to wrench on it as time progresses.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1473269362.html

i just talked to the gentleman and he said it is now $1500 as is. right after he listed it it started running rough. he took it to firestone and they told him it is either the crank position sensor is bad or the timing chain is busted. he just bought a new truck and does not want to mess with it.

is that something that might be worth looking into? is there any way to tell for sure which one it is? looks like i would have to trailer it home.

offer 1000 cash, if its running at all its not a busted t chain...

bad crank position sensor will make it not start at all...

he did say that the battery was dead from them trying to start it. he pulled it home. it is in surfside. are there any naxja members down that way?

do these engines mess up bad if the t chain goes?

If that one TRUELY has the tow package, then it should have a D44 under it.

If it is an easy fix the I would say go for it... but if its not then I would keep looking.

Back