• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Universal Joints

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to figure out which universal joints that I should use to replace the old ones on my Cherokee. I have a 2000 Cherokee classic 4wd. I have a bunch of mods on it form the ground up. The ones that would make a difference in my u-joint choices are as follows:

6.5 inch Rustys long arm kit
running 33/12.5's
air lockers
regeared to 4.10/4.11's
have slip yoke eliminator
tom woods drive shaft

I have a dana 30 front axle and a 8.25 in the rear.

Im planning on replacing all of the u-joints in the driveshaft from the front to the rear. Not the axle ones.

I just want to make sure the fit and the strength are right for my application. any help would be great. I have checked and searched the forums, but I cant find anything that is specific to my type of question.

Thanks

They are all 1310's.

Your Tom Wood's shaft should have come with some pretty nice joints. Why are you looking to replace them?

Your Tom Wood's shaft should have come with some pretty nice joints. Why are you looking to replace them?
i'm wondering the same thing

Was having a vibration from the driveshaft. When I checked, I can feel play in the driveshaft. Not sure if that was the whole problem yet, just trying to diagnose.

Was having a vibration from the driveshaft. When I checked, I can feel play in the driveshaft. Not sure if that was the whole problem yet...

it certainly isn't helping

Back