• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open Fuse open Ignition Hot

XJrealm

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone, to start I have searched hi and low and found many different ways of doing this but of course not the way I want to.:helpme:

I have a 1998 jeep cherokee sport with NO power features - (cruise control/windows/ambient temp ect.)

I am installing an electric fan setup and I need to have an ignition on source to switch the relay on. I would like to use an empty fuse so I don't have to cut into any factory wiring. I know I must have some since I don't have any power features on the jeep. I bought a cool fuse with a wire that comes out to connect to the relay, now I just need to know where to plug it in at. I am trying to do this at the PDC as it is close to where my relays are at. I have open slots there I just don't know what is what. My haynes manual is confusing as hell. If you have a picture of your PDC with an arrow pointing to the slot or something that would be awesome as I am not great with electrical stuff. Thanks in advance!

45b2b0de-b639-fb7d.jpg

This is where I am trying to plug in at.

get a test light, find a hole that makes the test light turn on with the key on, and see if it's still hot with the key off. if no, you found your connection.

Geese, that is so simple! All the time I spent searching the internet for the answer....I could have just used a test light and been done with it! I guess its time to buy one. Thanks!

Aaron if you need help you got people around here for it.I'm busy this weekend but i can help you by the end of the week if you still need it.You know the price I charge, FREE just like always.

Let me know and i'll plan a day to get this done with you.

Back