• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To grease LCA bushing sleeves or not?

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings All,

I am putting in some WJ LCA's this morning.

Q: Is it a good idea to add some grease to the bolts & sleeves?

My main concern is breaking down the rubber of the bushing.

I suppose I could be careful about excess, or alternatively, use a lithium based grease which is what I am leaning towards at this point.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

I would use anti-seize to keep the bolts from seizing in the sleeves.

I've heard that as well. But not sure if they would squeak with just anti-seize?

I also have some silicon grease which might be a better option than lithium.

I've heard that as well. But not sure if they would squeak with just anti-seize?

I also have some silicon grease which might be a better option than lithium.
That is a non-issue if you are using stock bushings. When you torque the bolts to spec, the brackets clamp down on the steel bushing and the bolt/bushing do not move.

Make sure you have the full body weight on the ground before you tighten the bolts!!!

You only grease poly bushings that are meant to rotate around the sleeves.

Stock-style clevite bushings are meant to be immobilized by the sleeves (flexy rubber does all the work). Just anti-sieze on the bolt to make removal easier later, and don't torque the hardware until the vehicle is at rest else the rubber will always be under load and wear out very fast.

After a week of driving, I must say, the WJ LCA's with OME suspension make for a really good ride. Its like a Cadillac on marshmallow tires. But it wheels like a champ.

Back