• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End Rattle?

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So for awhile now I've noticed that the front end of my jeep has a rattle, and it seems to be slowly getting louder.

I think it may be just my front sway bar, because right now its just ziptied up n out of the way cuz i broke one of the bolts trying to tighten the thing to get it to stop making the same rattling noise, so its probably not that.

I dont know... which front end parts would rattle? My steering seems to be fine, and i cant notice any adverse effects when going over bumps or anything, it just kinda annoying.

Every thing under there seems to be tight, so i dont know.

specs are in the sig, stock steering too, any ideas of what parts to replace? maybe ball joints or something?

Thanks a ton, Travis

when does it rattle? at all times? while accelerating? while stopping? while turning? while going over bumps? pull the sway bar and make sure thats not what you're hearing before you start putting any time and money into it. eliminate the easy stuff first.

ocalajeeper said:
when does it rattle? at all times? while accelerating? while stopping? while turning? while going over bumps? pull the sway bar and make sure thats not what you're hearing before you start putting any time and money into it. eliminate the easy stuff first.
It rattles pretty much at all times, the only time i cant really hear it is when im on the freeway, and thats because my tires are loud

Ya, so its not my sway bar. I was thinking maybe i need to relube my zerkfittings in my control arms/trackbar. It wasn't too long ago that i relubed them though. Any other expert opinions? :D

If its all the time maybe you can crawl under with a rubber mallet and start whacking things. If that gives no results, try jacking up a front tire to take some of the load off the suspension and whack some more. Dont forget to hit the tire while its up too, might get something to vibrate that way.....

Back