• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expert advice please

stupidfast

NAXJA Forum User
rustys 4.5 mj kit is 550. i hear rustys sucks. RE 5.5 mj kit is 1160. RE is great, but holy shit not at that price. im only 17. so i am going to do this differently. i did all the pricing at RE's website:
RE 4.5 springs- 175
shocks (x4)- 143
spring perches- 35
axle shock mounts- 15
Ubolts w/hardware- 35
Stainless rear brakeline-40
stainless fronts- 82
TOTAL- $523

now obviously, i need control arms. duh. i know the length the LCAs are soposed to be, so my dad works at a shop and thats no problem. the UCAs are being remade same as UCAs staying at the same lenth as stock. add maybe 150 to the price. i already have 33 tsls. add shipping, tax, and arms, call it $750. so what do u think. i can cut down on price with the brake lines by placing blocks under the mounting points, or can i? i could also cut down on the perches as well. what do you all think of procomp ES 300? shit or good? tell me what you all think! could i cut some cost anywhere? anything is appreciated. thanks

stupidfast said:
rustys 4.5 mj kit is 550. i hear rustys sucks. RE 5.5 mj kit is 1160. RE is great, but holy shit not at that price. im only 17. so i am going to do this differently. i did all the pricing at RE's website:
RE 4.5 springs- 175
shocks (x4)- 143
spring perches- 35
axle shock mounts- 15
Ubolts w/hardware- 35
Stainless rear brakeline-40
stainless fronts- 82
TOTAL- $523

now obviously, i need control arms. duh. i know the length the LCAs are soposed to be, so my dad works at a shop and thats no problem. the UCAs are being remade same as UCAs staying at the same lenth as stock. add maybe 150 to the price. i already have 33 tsls. add shipping, tax, and arms, call it $750. so what do u think. i can cut down on price with the brake lines by placing blocks under the mounting points, or can i? i could also cut down on the perches as well. what do you all think of procomp ES 300? shit or good? tell me what you all think! could i cut some cost anywhere? anything is appreciated. thanks

Your missing control arms, top and bottom.. drop brackets.. track bar.. Thats just at first glance.

Serious corner cutting can turn into serious trail repair.........and buddies
tired of fix'in your junk.......(2 cent)

Eventually.........you'll need to make it 'all' right.
Save your $$ up, build the inventory, then install..........then have some fun.

Sounds like you're skimping on the orig. weak points of an XJ to begin with,
your just going to turn it into junk real quick doing what you're planning and
leaving items out as mentioned...

As always, you get what you pay for.

(2 cents)

Back