• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale: Lifted 1988 XJ with Tricks

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I hate to do it but I have the Ramcharger now and obviously have little need for two off-road vehicles. :D

Asking $4500 OBO--this Jeep is worth it. Has never once let me down.

The Good:

• Rusty's 4.5” all spring lift combined with pucks and shackles to put the Jeep up about 6.5”. The front needs bushings but it drives and trails fine the way it sits.

• 34” Interco tires (measure out to the same as 35s) with poor tread but again, the Jeep still trails like a beast.

• AJ’s rock rails--trust me, these suckers work.

• Dana 44 rear axle stuffed with 4.88s and running chromo shafts and a Ukon Grizzly locker (same as Detroit).

• Dana 30 front also running chromo shafts and 4.88 gears. Running an Aussie locker up there.

• Functional hitch (I towed often with it).

• 12k lb winch. It needs some tlc because it won’t line out anymore. Pulls in just fine. Not sure what that’s about.

• Really nice aftermarket roof rack w/spare tire holder and hi-lift mount.

• 8-hole aluminum outlaw rims. I really wanted to keep these, but I’ll probably let 'em go with the rig. It has all five.

• KC Daylighter off-road lights. Not the best in the world, but definitely better than the headlights. :D

I’m sure there’s other cool stuff, but you know, mostly standard Jeep Cherokee things. It’s a nice rig.

The Bad:

• Well, it’s a Renix. It *does* climb the hill into Big Bear, but not very quickly when loaded down for a weekend. :D

• Three of the doors are now black, and one of them has a few .45 holes in it. Don’t ask. I personally think they are pretty cool.

• The steering wheel walks a little due to something loose with the tilt. It’s 100% safe and has never bothered me, but it’s there. I also hear it’s an easy fix but like I said, never bothered me much.

• Push-button start. I can’t even remember why, but I installed it and it works flawlessly.

• As I mentioned, it’s going to need control arm bushings pretty quickly.

• Battery is going down. It does fine as long as it’s started daily but if it sits for a week, it’ll need a charge.

• Passes smog just fine, but it was last registered in 2010 because I’ve been way, way behind financially. Of course I can take care of all that when it sells. :)

• The hatch struts are totally shot. I use vice grips to keep the blamed thing open.

Okay, so that’s the low down. Here are a few pictures so you know what you are getting. It sits just like you see it sans the black doors.

Make offers! I have some pretty good money in the drive train alone on this rig. You are definitely not getting a lemon, here. :) Runs and drives excellent, would take anywhere right this very moment.

jeepliftside.jpg

jeepliftside2.jpg

Back