• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is my Cherokee a "1999.5" and brake-related stuff

TheInvisibleMan

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys... I'm getting everything sorted out with my '99 Sport from the previous owner. Tires done, shocks done, BPEs eliminated. Now I need to get these brakes done before moving on to whatever this guy did to the A/C.

So, my date of production is 5/99. This is early in the calendar year, but is May of 1999 considered 1999.5 of the model year?

The big issue I'm having right now is figuring out my brakes. In the rear, I don't have cooling fins, and they are rather small. So I have already determined that I have the 9" drums. But in front, I'm not so positive. I stuck a tape measure (and my cell phone) inside my wheel and took a picture of the height of the rotor hat. 2 1/8" from the disc surface to the top of the hat.
tBKAKyw.png

Now this would point to me having the cast brakes, correct? When I look it up on Rock Auto, it gives me these miscellaneous options such as "78mm tall" vs "82mm tall" and "2 3/4 mounting height" vs "2 31/32 mounting height." I read that the composite rotor should have a 2 1/4" hat height, but is it shorter overall? I could use some help with this.

Last edited:
Back