• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Parts Overstock

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I cannot think of another place to put this so here goes;....

I am looking for a JK radiator to send to the Virgin Islands for my daughters JK. What are your thoughts on the above listed parts vendor.
The dealer list one for just under $300.00 but I could get one shipped to my address for $50.00 less. Because I am not familiar with the JK, I want to give it my best shot and have something at least equal to OEM quality.

Dealerships with parts websites typically discount genuine Jeep parts about 30% from the over the parts counter retail prices.

Dealerships with parts websites typically discount genuine Jeep parts about 30% from the over the parts counter retail prices.

I doubt any dealer here will discount a new JK radiator especially since they have to order it. Waiting time is 3 days.

What I really wanted to know is how close to OEM are the parts from Mopar Parts Overstock is. Online suppliers prices range from under $100.00 to over $600.00 for a larger all aluminum unit.

The JK forum posters seem to be disappointed with the lower priced units.

They are likely a dealership with a website selling genuine (as opposed to Ebay) MOPAR parts. Some dealerships have moved into the 21st century and expanded their parts counter to the World Wide Web (internet site).

:patriot:

I doubt any dealer here will discount a new JK radiator especially since they have to order it. Waiting time is 3 days.

What I really wanted to know is how close to OEM are the parts from Mopar Parts Overstock is. Online suppliers prices range from under $100.00 to over $600.00 for a larger all aluminum unit.

The JK forum posters seem to be disappointed with the lower priced units.

GOOD parts dealers do indeed discount parts, even over the counter.

I got my Mopar oil pan cheaper over the counter at my local dealer than I could online.

They are also Vintage Parts dealers........the not-so-lazy parts counter guys will look up 30 year old parts, I just got my radiator mounts shipped to my dealer.....'88 MJ 2.5........and he discounted them by 40% under list.

Thanks guys. She is getting one in the Virgin Islands from the dealer for less than I could buy it here from a dealer and of course I do not have to pay shipping from the mainland to the VI.

I've found the dealerships have a little gotten better about being competitive. At least ford and Toyota.
Sadly the local operated jeep dealer was bought out or maybe it was forced to close because of the Chrysler bailout. The new dealer parts counter is a hassle to deal with , it's a omniplex of Chrysler brands, jeep is not a priority like it was at the old dealer who had mechanics and countermen who were jeep experts and I'd rather drive a hour to another dealership or have it shipped to me from a dealer who sells online.
eBay dealerships sellers I usually avoid unless I can find out who they really are and what kind of reputation they have. Some times I check their website and can beat the ebay price (no eBay seller or PayPal fees)
Usually if they have it in stock you can make a deal closer to wholesale. Bodyshops and mechanics usually get a discount of 35 to 30%, which they mark up to retail for their customers. Used to be a big taboo to let those pricing scenes out . When Parts.com it helped break the wholesale price freeze out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back