• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prefabbed tube 90 degrees?

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of using some heavy wall tubing for rock rails and want to have it bent into a 90 degree on the front and rear, but with 3/16" tube by 1.75" or so diameter, I'm not going to be able to put a nice tight radius bend in it. So, I was wondering if anybody makes pre bent thick wall 90's? Seems like I recall someplace like steam fitters or something have these. I know one can get pre bent exhaust tubing, but I don't know where one can pick up thick wall pre bent tubing. Any suggestions? Jeff

I don't know any shops that sell it per-say, but it would be very easy to post something (or PM) on pirate for a vendor, or even a private party. I doubt many people would have a problem doing that small job for you.

getting such a tight radius would be very hard...

maybe get some :gasp: black pipe 90's and weld that to the tube?

what tube size are you using for the rockers?

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
I'm thinking of using some heavy wall tubing for rock rails and want to have it bent into a 90 degree on the front and rear, but with 3/16" tube by 1.75" or so diameter, I'm not going to be able to put a nice tight radius bend in it. So, I was wondering if anybody makes pre bent thick wall 90's? Seems like I recall someplace like steam fitters or something have these. I know one can get pre bent exhaust tubing, but I don't know where one can pick up thick wall pre bent tubing. Any suggestions? Jeff
When you say 1.75" or so diameter, does that mean you're using 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" pipe (1.9" OD or 1.66" OD respectively). In Sch 80 they have a 0.200" and 0.191" wall thicknesses.

If it's pipe, go get some butt weld end 90s.

You can get 90's in 2" in a 4" randius in a schdl 80 (.250wall) I use them to make hand rails. Let me know I can get you some next time your in E.C
Wally

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if I would be using TUBE or PIPE. I think Schedule 80 pipe sounds pretty good for this particular use. Apparently they make different radius Schedule 80 corners too, so that would probably work great. I'll look into that further. Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I picked up the 45's and 90's that I used on my sliders at a local plumbing supply shop here in town.Schedule 80. Should be a shop in Wausau somewhere.

Jerry

I found some tight elbows at a local company that builds steel staircases and wrought iron fences.

Back