• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Covers

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I think it's time to cover my front seats and I'm wondering: what do you guys use? I know there is wet okole (kind of got split feelings on that) and the generic stuff from Krange/PepBoys/Autozone/Napa, but the latter doesn't really fit too well....

Btw, I got one piece seats (headrest is part of the seat) and it's a 98XJ :)

Kejtar

Those wet okle ones are very expensive. I just go to my local autozone and pick up a couple sets and throw them out when they get dirty in like a year. For me they fit perfect.

I have the custom fit Wet Okole covers on my front and rear seats and so far I am fairly pleased with them. They are quite pricey but they fit very snug and they add some extra padding which is great if your seats have a lot of butt miles on them like mine did. I fortunately got mine before they made the rule that you have to have black sides so mine are fairly unique looking. What I have found with them is, they are waterproof, water will puddle up in them, they dry to the touch fairly quick, a lot faster then the stock seat ever did, they are tough, I have had mine for over 3 years now and haven't damaged them yet even though I haven't taken great care of them. Overall I am very pleased with mine and get a lot of comments on them. I guess the big question is how much you are willing to spend. I would certainly buy them again if I had to. That's my $0.02.

i got some wet okele look-a-likes at costco for $20, neoprene and everything. i love em.

small pederson said:
i got some wet okele look-a-likes at costco for $20, neoprene and everything. i love em.

How are those workin still? Are they water proof? With being a FL surfer, i'm always sitting my wet butt in the truck and, getting it real dirty when i'm in the mud. So, do they clean fairly easiely? I too was lookin to buy the wet Okole seat covers, but, that $400 sounds alot more useful toward new gears. So, please let me know how the cheaper water proof covers are workin.
Tylor

Flowers said:
Do you really need help deciding what seat covers to get? This post belongs on JU.
Actually, I do. I am looking to get water proof seat covers,and, instead of spending $400 on Wet Okole, if the cheaper ones work, which is what I'm trying to find out, I am going to buy those instead. Thanks for being such a big help!

92jeeper said:
How are those workin still? Are they water proof? With being a FL surfer, i'm always sitting my wet butt in the truck and, getting it real dirty when i'm in the mud.
Does a neoprene wetsuit keep the water off you? If it was waterproof it would, but it doesn't, does it? Wet Okole will let water pass right through the material and into your seat. Cloth seats will get real wet, while vinyl seats will collect a nice big puddle for you to sit in. For all I know, "Okole" means butt in whatever language (Hawaiian?) so the seat covers are 'Wet Butt'

Hefty bags are waterproof.

Last edited:
Thanks. That's all I was wonderin. Sorry if i am asking again, but, I'm lookin for a seat cover that, i can get in wet, get out, and dry it off with a towel, then get in with dry cloths. Wet Okole is not like that? Maybe I will just carry a box of Hefty's :)

Yucca-Man said:
Does a neoprene wetsuit keep the water off you? If it was waterproof it would, but it doesn't, does it? Wet Okole will let water pass right through the material and into your seat. Cloth seats will get real wet, while vinyl seats will collect a nice big puddle for you to sit in. For all I know, "Okole" means butt in whatever language (Hawaiian?) so the seat covers are 'Wet Butt'

Hefty bags are waterproof.

That is the correct translation from Hawaiian :D

Back