• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant bottle

the one thats listed for the XJ is for a closed system(no rad cap, cap is on the coolant bottle)
the one for TJ(wrangler) is for an open system(rad cap on rad)

if yours is an open system, not sure it the mount are in the right place, but it will work.

The pics in the links do not show the bottles in the correct positions.For the open system,you want pic # 2 (TJ in your pic).That is the correct unit for the 91 and up open system.
Wayne

Unless you want to keep your jeep bone stock, the best alternative is a mid-nineties mid-sized Chrysler coolant recovery tank from the junk yard.....they have a real live radiator cap on their bottles and the bottles themselves are made of a much heavier nylon material.
Easy to change out, just remove your bottle, remove the bracket that it mounts to, drill 2 holes and bolt the new bottle to the firewall. Hook up the lines and you are good to go. i have done this on 2 closed system jeeps and it works like a champ....you even have a pressure overflow vent line.
i have heard that some GM cars have a similar bottle, but I used Chrysler because of its size and shape that fit my jeeps better.

1AROB00002.jpg

this bottle is from an open system.

an open system has a rad cap on the rad.
a closed system has no cap on the rad.

thats jeepdude10000, not 1000
but no problem, glad to help.

Blaine B. said:
Pick and pull?

Yup, some might call it a salvage yard. Take your own tools in, find the part you need on the vehicles in the yard, then go ahead and take them off yourself. Have a great one about 3 miles from my house with great prices.

Back