• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ - P0122 - need assistance translating my readings

zeke2230

NAXJA Forum User
Preliminary Info:

1) 2000 XJ, AW4, Cali emissions, 270ish K miles...

2) I've searched every forum I could think of... CherokeeForum, NAXJA, et. al.

3) Getting a P0122 Code that returns after clearing the CEL

4) Tasks performed to date:

a) Refreshed all Engine Bay Grounds and B(+) cables and devices (starter, alternator, etc)

b) Swapped current TPS with used spare TPS - no change in issue. Both are MOPAR. No Non-MOPAR sensors on my rig.

c) Pulled Horn relay on the off chance that the Clockspring affected this code the way it does P0123 - no change

d) Sensor and PCM readings via back probe (Green tested good - Red is what I believe is in question):

Key On Run Position: Sensor Signal (OR/BL) to Sensor Ground (BR/YL) .780V
Key On Run Position: Reference Voltage (OR) to Sensor Ground (BR/YL) 5.19V
No Voltage Drop on Sensor Ground when tested against Chassis Ground using LoadPro
No Signal Drop using Scan Tool from Closed to WOT

Key On Run Position: Sensor Signal is 3.98V at WOT - FSM says WOT should be 4.5V
Key On Run Position: PCM C1 (Black Connector) Pin 23 (Sensor Signal) to TPS Ground is 3.97V at WOT - negligible drop from Sensor to PCM

So...

Do I just have 2 subpar TPS's?

What haven't I checked?

What other sensors or modules could impact this?

What do the #s tell me (learning to diagnose electrical instead of just replacing parts)?

What uniquely quirky things on XJs might this be that isn't remotely related?

Much appreciation for any assistance in advance.

This is the rig in question...

https://goo.gl/photos/bvu2mTbqoBpPEX2p9

Did you see mine?
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1137127

I never really came up with a solution -- Did buy a new mopar TPS

turns out I have a bad valve thats causing most of my problems -- Still get unexplained codes sometimes but hoping they work out once I get this thing running on all cylinders

I'm in Jersey too -- If your jeep is drivable you could come up and try my new TPS and my old -- If all else fails and you want to try before you buy

I'm in zip code 08846

Back