• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanting an 8.25 axle

lbseals

NAXJA Forum User
I posted a want ad on my local craigslist (Roseburg, OR) for an 8.25 axle. mine came with a dana 35. Any idea what I should expect to pay for one?

Post in your local chapter. Here in Colorado 8.25 29 spline go for $100 all day long, and D35 and 8.25 27 spline go for scrap. But we also have XJ's on every street corner and parts move back and forth for beer money. If changing from D35 or 8.25 you will also need the driveshaft. D35 driveshaft is too long for a direct sway 8.25.

Thank you very much. I was just looking for a ballpark. The driveshaft info is great too. This is my first trail rig that's not also a dd.

Years ago, I sold my 29 splie 8.25 with an Auburn LS and 4.56 gearing; for $400.....

I'd expect to pay around $100 for an axle with good gears and bearings that needed brakes.

Back