• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj from hell

IMHO: The whole dielectric grease thing is over-rated, unless you are trying to waterproof your connections. Packing the crap out of electrical connections with dielectric grease is great for vehicles that are going to go under water. But I don't use dielectric grease at any point in my ignition system. Never have. Just don't see a need. If the components are good, just plug them together. They were not designed to be packed full of grease. They do not ship from the factory full of grease. I am not saying it will cause any problems, but it is messy and an extra step, and does nothing to improve performance or reliability if your components are good. It is only my opinion, but unless you have some specific reason to use dielectric grease (corrosion, water, whatever), you shouldn't use it.

I'm just some guy with a jeep. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Primary purpose for me is that I can pull a boot much later down the road and it comes off easily. It also makes it easier to seat the wire on the plug.

Some folks I guess could get too much in a boot...

But those people can generally bend a digging bar in a sand pile also.

Back