• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler Mid Arm?

Francesco

NAXJA Forum User
Edit: I'm talking about the skyjacker mid arm. sorry!! Hey everyone, recently completed a Dana 44 swap into my MJ - I'll take some pics and upload them if anyone would like to see. However, I would like some longer control arms and was wondering if anyone had heard any negatives on this kit? I'm not sure about anything of it really, how long the arms are, etc. I'm not really into the long arm kits, and would prefer short arms, but I was thinking about drop brackets, but then saw these kits. Does anyone have one that they would sell, or at least give measurements off of so I can start looking?
Thanks

Last edited:
Heck yes, upload away!

Are you talking about this? Looks like glorified drop brackets for a ton of cash.....

https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspension-lift-kit/jc455rr2ks-h/#configuration

For that money, I'd go long arms and definitely not Skyjacker.

Personally I wouldn't go drop brackets for a rig that I wheel. It's not that they are terrible but I'd rather have a solid 3 link. Pavement princess drop brackets are more than fine.

Really depends on what function you are looking to accomplish.

Yes, I don't think I'll be able to fit legit long arms due to my custom axle and mounts, and I don't like how long they hang down. I'd like to do the mid arm, as I'm worried of maxing out my control arms at 4.5" and it limits my down travel a lot, but I thought drop brackets would suck too. It's tough. They seem better than nothing!

So that kit, if you can find one, has some of the best performing (read, this does not mean big flex) characteristics you will come up with.

They are also hard to actually get, as Skyjacker does not appear to sell it anymore and hasn't in a long time.

Jegs and Summit often keep something listed for a long time after it is discontinued. When you try to actually order it they'll discover they can't get it anymore and take it down.

Yep, so I'm on the lookout. They're actually reasonably priced when used the issue is just finding one. Good to know cal - I'm glad they handle well.

I had an xj with drop brackets and was more than happy with it, I'm not a hard core wheeler tho. my mj has the rock crawler 3 link with high clearance arms, and I've yet to have an issue offroad. they no longer make that kit tho. I've always liked the synergy offroad setup. when I first got this rig 6 or 7 years ago I was actually looking at the skyjacker kit and it was hard to find. I think just the cradle was $800.

perhaps you can find a bracket you like and have some lower control arms bent up to give you a little more room

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey Cody,
That's the plan. I would like to just have the crossmember/girdle whatever you'd like to call it. I have a new axle in the front, and need to push the axle forward in order to clear, and would have to make new control arms anyways. Do you have any pictures of your 3 link?
Thanks

that seems to be the only one during install that I could find in the build thread. my passenger side rubber bushing has worn out, and I can't get ahold of rock krawler to find out what size/I'm to lazy to drop it and look. other than that no problems with it.

a16b2c761bfbe35fa03f66c56ebf5bca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had the rockready mid arms on my old 91. Loved them. I sold that Jeep with the suspension. It has since been swapped into a 97 with a 9” and 44, and working well. I liked it so much I am modding some RE drop brackets to mimic the geometry. The lower arm is 4” longer that stock.

Yes, I don't think I'll be able to fit legit long arms due to my custom axle and mounts, and I don't like how long they hang down. I'd like to do the mid arm, as I'm worried of maxing out my control arms at 4.5" and it limits my down travel a lot, but I thought drop brackets would suck too. It's tough. They seem better than nothing!

Without seeing what you've done as far as brackets, it's hard to say what will work for you.
What are you're aversions to long arms?

I don't really want long arms because they're just too long for how low they hang down on jeeps, i think a mid arm is much better for my application. For my mounts, I have raised both the upper and lower axle side mounts about 2" using Clayton mounts, and converted the uppers to 2" johnny joints.

How are you using the Clayton mounts for midarms?

How much lift are you doing? Are you doing the welding? Are the frame side mounts still intact? Do you have a extra set of factory control arms ?

After that you just need to get the axle under the Jeep and with weight on it! Then you can take measurements and see where your headed with this!

And some pics !!!

Back