• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Evaporator Drain Location '97

OkieXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
1997 XJ Cherokee 2wd, 2dr, 4 banger, 5 speed manual,
Searched but couldn't find anywhere blah blah.

I cannot find the air conditioner evaporator drain anywhere. I've read that its above a frame rail and I've also read that it is inside the frame but not sure I believe that because it doesn't make any sense. On my mom's GC of about the same age it was plain as day and easy to find. Does anyone have a picture or something? Any info is appreciated.

Last edited:
Look for a short, black, open ended, rubber hose (45º elbow) coming out of the firewall,
very low on the passenger side, just above the frame rail.

On my car ('98 XJ) the hose came out of the firewall, and was stuffed into one of the holes on the frame rail. Fearing rust, I pulled it out of the frame rail so that the condensation dumps directly on to the ground - just like the hoses were positioned
on my '93 and '96 XJs.

Look for a short, black, open ended, rubber hose (45º elbow) coming out of the firewall,
very low on the passenger side, just above the frame rail.

On my car ('98 XJ) the hose came out of the firewall, and was stuffed into one of the holes on the frame rail. Fearing rust, I pulled it out of the frame rail so that the condensation dumps directly on to the ground - just like the hoses were positioned
on my '93 and '96 XJs.

Yep, look below the accumulator (the big aluminum can thing).

So it should be accessible for sure then? I thought I had looked everywhere but I will look again and report back.

Passenger side, above the frame rail, just inboard and below the climate control fan.

standard.jpg

Back