• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sensor connector replacements

RaptorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 XJ 4.0L with 181k miles on it and am running into a lot of electrical issues lately. Most if it comes down to corrosion in the wiring harness connectors. I have found MAP sensor connectors and a few other connectors new. But having issues finding like the fuel injector connectors new, starter conectors, and alternator end. Any one know where to buy them? Am trying to get my XJ back to reliable again by replacing most to all the wiring harness connectors.

the injector connectors are common to most chryslers and dodges, grab some from a newer one at the junkyard. for anything that doesn't go into a specific sensor i would change it to a weatherpack style wherever possible but that's just me. you can get a lot of the connectors off of newer vehicles though i would go to the parts store and ask what year ranges the sensor you're looking to replace the connector on fits and just go hunt for a newer one.

I've found that most of the original connectors in mine are weatherpack, and they've held up very well. they can be found cheap on eBay (Delphi).

I like to solder all of my terminals, and assemble them with silicon dielectric grease.

Back